“Always relax me with the good garden and pools.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amari Garden Pattaya

You added Amari Garden Pattaya to your Saves list
Amari Garden Pattaya
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   240 Pattaya-Naklua Road, Pattaya 20150, Thailand (Formerly Amari Orchid Pattaya, Garden Wing)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
20% off + Free upgrade!
Ranked #17 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
Fujisawa, Japan
“Always relax me with the good garden and pools.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Wide garden relaxes myself really after work, I used the pool for the first time in 10 years. Close to not busy seaside road. What I impresse was the attandant services when I asked how to get a truck taxi, she was so kind to catch a taxi and told him what I want to do within a reasonable cost. I will come stay this hotel when I come here in near future. I love garden wing room, but this time the hotel upgrade my room to tower room. The room was new and confortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear ttoshi2013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am pleased to know the garden and pool areas help you to relax.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the Hotel service. I will be sure to share your review with the team.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Brendan Daly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

So I went on a holiday with my family seeing as I don't normally get to see them. All booked to go to Pattaya for 10 days as a beach holiday. Great! Arrived at the hotel as was originally going to stay in the garden wing. Got to the room and was disappointed to say the least. We had no balcony (we kind of expected one being on a Thomas Cook signature holiday) but that was Thomas Cooks fault, not the hotels. The worst thing was my bed- it was tiny! The room would be fine for a family with a young child, but all 6 foot of me was not going to spend 10 days sleeping on that! So off to reception! After explaining the problem we were told there is a family suite in the ocean tower and was shown around. The room was amazing! Large, spaciaous, comfortable beds, great! We did have to pay for the upgrade, however the manager did give us a good deal- around half the upgrade price (I'll be trying to get that one back from Thomas Cook!). If you're staying at this hotel, stay in the ocean tower. It's infinitely nicer than the garden wing and definitely worth the extra money! I think we paid the equivalent of £250 for the uprade for 10 days... The only downside of the tower is that it's next to a building site on one side. The builders work 24/7! It's not too noisy from inside the room, but it's a bit of an eyesore and loud if you're on the balcony- still it can be interesting to watch! After this, we had no problems with the hotel. Staff are fantastic, food is very good, facilities excellent and everywhere in the hotel was ALWAYS spotless! It's a very nice place to stay. The spa (although expensive) is worth a visit too! The massage I had was well worth the money! If you're going on a family holiday with young children however; there isn't much in the form of entertainment. On that note, Pattaya is not a family friendly place in the slightest! If you're a teenager it's great, I had some really good nights out! But it's pretty much the sex capital of Asia, so not too nice for children to be around. Also, it's not the place for a beach holiday (as it was sold to us by Thomas Cook)... The beaches are, non-existent. They're dirty (you'll see rats running around), small, crowded and full of deck chairs.. We stayed by the pool!... Pattaya is great for nights out, the perfect place for a lads holiday! Just not reccomended for family! Location is a little out of the way (which is good- walking street is very loud & busy) but you can get a taxi anywhere for the equilavent of about £0.40. If I was going again however, I would definitely be staying in the Amari!

Room Tip: Go in the Ocean tower! Garden wing is small and dated! If possible get a room overlooking the sea or...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Matt H,

Thank you for your detailed review. I am pleased we were able to move you and your family to one of our Family rooms in the Ocean Tower. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused from the construction of the building next door. We will be happy when it is completed mid next year.

I will pass on your kind comments regarding the food and cleanliness to the Chef and Executive Housekeeper. It is always nice to receive this type of feedback.

Pattaya will always have a colourful reputation yet a great deal has been done to change the image over the last 5 - 10 years. Pattaya now boasts more activities and attractions for families who may visit than ever before including the Tiger Zoo, Sanctuary of Truth, Arts for the Planet and Million Year stone park to name a few. With the new Cartoon Network Water Park opening soon there will be even more fun to be had. Day trips out to Koh Larn, which is the small island visible from Pattaya Beach, are inexpensive and will take you to beaches with pristine clear water and fantastic seafood restaurants.

It is great to know you would return to Amari on a future visit and we look forward to that occasion.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Having had a really quiet and relaxing stay hear in June 2012 we thought we would go again in November.
We stayed in the Ocean Tower as we did on the last visit .. so far so good .. no upgrade this time but I didn't expect one anyway as this is their busy season.
The real shocker was the following day when we went to the pool, the NOISE from the building work next door (see attached picture) was extremely loud ( bit like trying to relax in an iron smelting factory) Pile driving, disc cutting and banging steel girders is not very relaxing I find.
The alernative is to go to the beach just across the road from the hotel which as you can see from the photos is very narrow strip of sand and very reminiscent of Clacton in the 60s, very unappealing.
I enquired at the Holiday Inn next door who are having this new property built how long it would be to completion and they said next October!!!
There are currently two buildings going up in close proximity to the Amari, I fear that with all of these new high rise hotels being developed that it will become a soulless concrete desert like Benidorm.
My advice to anybody considering going here is to leave it for a few months at least (unless,of course you like incredibly loud banging noises around the pool), and if you go here insist on a room with an even number because the odd numbers look straight into the bedrooms of the existing Holiday Inn next door ( and they can look into yours obviously).
None of this can be blamed on the Amari of course, it is still a lovely hotel and the staff are superb. But be warned the town planners in Pattaya are motivated by greed with absolutely no consideration for such luxuries as breathing space.

Room Tip: Get a room with an even number as the odd numbers are overlooked by the adjacent hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LondonEddy,

Thank you for posting your review. I would like to apologise for the disturbance caused by the construction of the building next door. We also share your feelings regarding its impact on the quiet enjoyment of the area. Although the Hotel will be complete and open next October, the external concrete works are due to be finished by early 2014 which will cease the loud banging noises associated. The remaining internal fit out will not cause the same level of disturbance.

I'm pleased you still found the Hotel lovely and the staff superb and we look forward to seeing you again on a future occasion.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a great place to stay! Staff were excellent, food and service fantastic, and rooms spotless.

The pool area and their menu is awesome and If you are there for a Sunday the Mantra buffet brunch is a must!

Was due to stay 10 days and extended for another 3.

Room Tip: Deluxe Tower Rooms are the way to go!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Menlo Park, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel should actually be split into two since one is an old building going to garden wing and the newer one is a tower. The garden wing has no ocean views, and the service is just incredibly bad.

Housekeeping kept placing our dirty spoons back for the ones should have been.

We ate at the top rated Mantra restaurant, and the servers did not understanding English, and did not even recognize the brands of liquor.

I suspect they don't people are pissing on the street it

• Stayed November 2013
Dear PankajAgarwal,

Thank you for your review. I was very disappointed to read your comments regarding your stay. I have shared your feedback about the spoons not being cleaned properly with Housekeeping for follow up. Please accept my apologies for this service lapse.

I have also shared your comments with the Mantra team regarding their product knowledge and English comprehension for future training and would also like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Everythings here is very nice,since I arrive the hotel ,the security guards are all good respondsibilities as I think they might be the same teams as the ones at Amari Huahin where I have visited last month.All staffs are so really nice and kind assistances for my special request.If next time I go to Pattaya again,I certainly choose to stay here.Amari is a trust brand where I really satisfied with it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Fantastic hotel with great staff. Extremely helpful, hygienic and well placed for this destination. I was in the garden wing on the third floor with no lifts but I am into fitness so that didn't bother me, other than that I would recommend anyone booking the garden wing to get a ground floor room.

Room Tip: There are no lifts on the garden wing so try to get a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HJustice,

Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you found the Hotel well located, clean and the Hotel staff extremely helpful. I will be sure to share you review with them.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Brendan Daly

Been to Amari Garden Pattaya? Share your experiences!