This hotel is as it appears in photos and from its own website. However, unless you've been to Pattaya before, you will be surprised to find the location that its in to be somewhat seedy. The executive lounge has great food, but the evening hours are too short and the staff could be difficult to deal with, even for their highest paying customers.
I'll list pros and cons below:
1. Service overall is fine and prompt
2. Their buffet service in the morning (3rd floor) is excellent and extensive
3. Nice pools
4. Happy hour at the executive lounge has fantastic food
1. The location of the hotel is seedy and very NON-family oriented (I was there on business thankfully). The beach area is Venice Beach, CA meets Tijuana Mexico, if you can picture that.
2. The happy hour service in the executive lounge is too short (1700-1930). Tough for those who may have to work a little later.
3. The staff on the 19th floor (executive lounge) were too strict and inflexible on attire in the lounge (absolutely no shorts). It would be understandable for those hanging out in swim attire, but unreasonable for those in dress shorts with polo shirts and shoes. Pattaya is hot, it was ridiculous to have to change into pants to go eat, then change back if we wanted to go out.
4. My laundry was misplaced and given to another person on my floor. Not that big a deal, but wouldn't want to be tracking my clothes down on the day I was chekcing out either.
Try to avoid rooms next to the building under construction next door. They work every night until 23...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Frank J,
Report response as inappropriate
Thanks for your feedback and overall positive assessment of your stay at the Hotel.
Pattaya is known for its colourful history and there are certainly some areas that are more suited to the single traveller as opposed to couples and families. Amari Orchid is located 4.5km away at the opposite end of Pattaya Beach from "Walking Street" which is the well known entertainment area you may be referring to.
My apologies for any inconvenience caused by the Horizon Club evening cocktail operating hours not suiting your schedule and that our dress code was inflexible. The dress code was introduced based on feedback received from our guests.
I also wish to apologise for the lapse in our service standard and procedures in relation to your laundry being delivered to the incorrect room. This type of incident should not happen and I will be sure to discuss this with the Executive Housekeeper.
We do hope to see you again in the future.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.