“No more "Garden Wing"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amari Garden Pattaya

Save Saved
You added Amari Garden Pattaya to your Saves list
Amari Garden Pattaya
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   240 Pattaya-Naklua Road, Pattaya 20150, Thailand (Formerly Amari Orchid Pattaya, Garden Wing)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Save 20% off Now!
Ranked #11 of 361 hotels in Pattaya
“No more "Garden Wing"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here in January this year. Beautiful hotel and excellent location, just about walking distance to everything.... except for the fact we chose the Garden Wing rather than the Ocean Tower. Room was small with no view but comfortable. Buffet breakfast was excellent with good variety but pricey as compared to Holiday Inn next door. Did e-mail the hotel managent after our return to Sydney about how disappointed we were with our room and he was quick to respond reassuring us this wouldn't happen again on our next visit. All in all will definitely stay here again but in the Ocean Tower wing as the rooms are much larger just make sure you ask for Ocean View
Greg,Viv & friends

Room Tip: Garden wing has 3 levels but no lift as it is an older section of the resort with little or no view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

1,412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is as it appears in photos and from its own website. However, unless you've been to Pattaya before, you will be surprised to find the location that its in to be somewhat seedy. The executive lounge has great food, but the evening hours are too short and the staff could be difficult to deal with, even for their highest paying customers.

I'll list pros and cons below:

PRO:

1. Service overall is fine and prompt
2. Their buffet service in the morning (3rd floor) is excellent and extensive
3. Nice pools
4. Happy hour at the executive lounge has fantastic food

CON:

1. The location of the hotel is seedy and very NON-family oriented (I was there on business thankfully). The beach area is Venice Beach, CA meets Tijuana Mexico, if you can picture that.
2. The happy hour service in the executive lounge is too short (1700-1930). Tough for those who may have to work a little later.
3. The staff on the 19th floor (executive lounge) were too strict and inflexible on attire in the lounge (absolutely no shorts). It would be understandable for those hanging out in swim attire, but unreasonable for those in dress shorts with polo shirts and shoes. Pattaya is hot, it was ridiculous to have to change into pants to go eat, then change back if we wanted to go out.
4. My laundry was misplaced and given to another person on my floor. Not that big a deal, but wouldn't want to be tracking my clothes down on the day I was chekcing out either.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms next to the building under construction next door. They work every night until 23...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Frank J,

Thanks for your feedback and overall positive assessment of your stay at the Hotel.

Pattaya is known for its colourful history and there are certainly some areas that are more suited to the single traveller as opposed to couples and families. Amari Orchid is located 4.5km away at the opposite end of Pattaya Beach from "Walking Street" which is the well known entertainment area you may be referring to.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused by the Horizon Club evening cocktail operating hours not suiting your schedule and that our dress code was inflexible. The dress code was introduced based on feedback received from our guests.

I also wish to apologise for the lapse in our service standard and procedures in relation to your laundry being delivered to the incorrect room. This type of incident should not happen and I will be sure to discuss this with the Executive Housekeeper.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

Jamshedpur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Excellent swimming pool and the tower wing... Brilliant breakfast and room amenities do stay at the hotel with 15 days advance purchase and stay 5 days and enjoy all the hotel facilities .... Just relax wen u stay at Amari in luxury

• Stayed June 2012
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Vishal1700,

Thanks for your positive review regarding your recent stay. Nice to know that you were living in luxury the 5 nights you stayed with us.

Hope to see you again.

Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have just got back form Pattaya and stayed at the Amari orchid Tower. Excellent service and ambience. The rooms were great, the polite staff . The restaurant served a fantastic breakfast for each countries.A magnificent view of the sea. I recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view on the sea
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear RenataL242,

Great to receive your feedback regarding your stay and overall experience with the staff, breakfast and comfort of the rooms.

We appreciate you taking the time to post the review and look forward to seeing you again.

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed at the Tower wing for 4 nights. It was a big room with great lighting with a balcony overlooking the sea and the pool. Huge sink area (2 sinks -- perfect for a couple) and the bathtub was right behind it with no enclosures whatsoever (I think so you could look at the outside view while inside the bathtub). Separate shower and toilet stalls. They provide 2 500 ml bottles of water per night of stay, which was great. The breakfast buffet had a wide selection of food items, from mini pancakes to thai curry dishes. The pool was very nice. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

My only gripe is that I had a pedicure done at the hotel spa (I was too scared to have it done outside) and the nail technician did not cut my nail straight (instead made it curve and so I had painful toes for a few days) -- in spite of my instructions. Guess it was because of a language barrier. The spa was very clean though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chuvalooh,

Thank you for your review and kind comments regarding the Hotel and our rooms, breakfast, pools and staff friendliness.

I wish to apologise for the pain you suffered in your toes as a result of the pedicure you received in our Spa. I will be sure to discuss this incident with our Spa Manager to ensure we fully understand our guests requests and that language is not a barrier. I would like to offer a complimentary Breeze Spa treatment of your choice on your next visit to in some way make up for your experience. I am unable to identify you by your reviewer name, so if you could email me at brendan.daly@amari.com with the dates and details of your stay, I will arrange a voucher to be sent to you.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.

Witney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have just got back from Pattaya and stayed in the Club suites at the Amari Orchid Tower, and I can not say a bad thing about it, the rooms were great, the staff were just as good.
The restaurant served a fantastic breakfast spread, and the club lounge served a great evening buffet, made even better by the great free bar.

Room Tip: Go for the Club rooms and ask for either sea view or over looking the pools
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Mike B,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit and I am delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

Congratulations also, for writing the 1000th review of Amari Orchid Pattaya! We received our first Tripadvisor review on 27 August 2004 and appreciate your contribution to the consistent positive feedback we have been given over the years.

We look forward to your return and the next 1000 reviews!

Calcutta, West Bengal, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Last year I along with my family and my friend’s family decided to visit Bangkok & Pattaya. Our journey was from 19th October to 24th October. As this is our first visit to Bangkok & Pattaya, we were not at all sure about our accommodation in Pattaya. I had gone through various sites for various reviews for our accommodation in Pattaya. After various researches I came to make a decision to stay for three nights at Amari Orchid Pattaya. Thanks to Tripadvisor for taking my decision. I told my Travel Agent to make our package with stay at Amari Orchid Pattaya. Our Travel Agent booked our room at the Garden Wing of Amari Orchid. After our check in at the Hotel we became very much pleased especially myself as it was my decision to stay at Amari Orchid. Our reception was awesome by serving with a pleasant non alcoholic drink and refreshing cold towels. After entering our room (Superior Garden room) we became very happy to see the ambiance of the room with a very good air conditioning. The room’s cleanliness is very good. The bathroom was also very good with bathtub. Afterwards while having our breakfast we became very much delighted. There were lots of options for the breakfast including different cuisines which included Chinese, Continental, Thai and also Indian. We enjoyed the Swimming Pool as well as the Jacuzzi to refresh ourselves. The decoration of the Reception lobby, Dining Hall, the Garden along with the Swimming Pool is excellent. The location of the Hotel is also very good, just in front of the stoppage of the Speed boat ride for Coral Island. The service of the staff was also very good. We enjoyed our stay there and we all were very much pleased to have taken a right decision to stay at Amari Orchid. Surely I will stay at Amari Orchid if I come to visit again Pattaya.
Note: The only minus point (which I have already informed in my feedback of the Hotel’s website) of the room we stayed was the flooring of the bathroom is higher than the room’s flooring which sometimes caused water to come inside the room if someone is using the bathtub.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Amari Garden Pattaya? Share your experiences!