“Just Wonderful...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amari Garden Pattaya

You added Amari Garden Pattaya to your Saves list
Amari Garden Pattaya
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   240 Pattaya-Naklua Road, Pattaya 20150, Thailand (Formerly Amari Orchid Pattaya, Garden Wing)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free upgrade and 20% off
Ranked #17 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
4.5 of 5 stars 1,530 Reviews
Chennai (Madras), India
“Just Wonderful...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Guys, i visited Amari in march...the interiors are good..the overall setup of the hotel is fine...the breakfast served was amazing and delicious.

The swimming pool is awesome ...one suggestion try taking rooms in the newer side of the property; because there is a huge difference in the new and the old rooms. The beach is at walking distance ...nice surroundings...the beach view from the hotel balcony is amazing..

Good Experience....

Room Tip: Go for the Beach view Rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManager58, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property. You have highlighted many great areas of our hotel, the location tot he beach, the spacious Ocean Tower rooms etc. I am happy you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to seeing you abck soon. Kind regards, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay in the Ocean Tower this visit.

We arranged for a car pick up from Bangkok Airport and traffic to Pattaya was smooth and easy. Upon arrival, we were met by the reception and after a check with our passports, they realised we were club floor guests (we did book so it wasn't an upgrade). What we were disappointed with is they knew we were arriving (hotel car booked) and yet didn't anticipate to lead us directly to the Club Floor.

The huge windows in the hotel boost views of the ocean and the pool area.

The room was clean and tidy with a fully stocked desk (writing materials). The bathroom was situated just behind the bed with a mechanical blind separating the bath tub and the head of the bed. Our room came with a small balcony facing the pool and a bit of the ocean that fit a single rattan arm chair and a small round table.

The toilet faced the pool and the other end was the standing rain-head shower with a separate hand held shower-head. I'm not sure if it was because we were on the 19th floor but the water pressure was good - however, the temperature was as erratic as the weather. Once you had set your desired temperature, it will flow beautifully, then suddenly it gets cold, then scorching hot! As soon it gets cold, you should move out of the way of the water! Give it 30 seconds and then proceed with your shower!

As previously mentioned, you need to be very close to your sleeping partner in the room as the "acoustics" from the toilet can be heard clearly in the room (even with the TV on unless it's really loud and it's a constant drum roll!).

The bed was a little hard on the back but the down pillows were a treat to the weary head. Turn down is only done in the early afternoon (they came at 4pm). Turn down does not include replacing the toilet paper, tidying up the bathroom or replacing the used shower gel and shampoo. So be prepared to ask if you need more.

The Club lounge provides a good variety of breakfast with eggs ordered to your style with the option of adding on bacon and mushrooms. Few choices of dry cereal, yogurt, bottled juices, cold cuts, hot asian and western dishes to choose from.

Full day refreshments available such as leftover cookies and mini sweet treats from breakfast. Coffee is self service but be careful as you add the milk - I poured soured/curdled milk into my coffee and had to tell them to change the milk as it's left just above the coffee machine.

Cocktail dishes are a real treat and can almost end up like a tapas meal for dinner. Excellent selection of liquors and wines/champagne.

Free computer and printing available.

WiFi is available upon request with an individual login and password per equipment. Your iPhone and iPad cannot share the same password and you have to keep signing in after leaving the hotel. Also, even if you are booked in for 3 nights, they will give you a password that only works for 1 day. You have to go back and get a new one each day.

There are 2 pools - Lap Pool and A Swim up Bar pool. They allowed fully clothed people in the pool (not full swim suits but kids and women in t-shirts and denim/cotton shorts) to swim in the pool! Didn't go in and decided to read in one of the loungers. Good service by pool staff who come around regularly for food and drink orders. A few cabanas are scattered around the pool areas (not directly in front of the pool tho) for the people who prefer a little shade.

Overall the hotel is an excellent business hotel and conveniently situated across the beach where you can rent a 30baht lounge chair, face the beach, drink a 20 baht coke and get a 200 baht feet massage!

We walked towards the walking street in the day and got a private 200baht "tuk tuk" taxi to the street at night.

Plenty of convenience shops along the way so if you need any essentials, they are just a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManager58, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for your very detailed review of the hotel. You highlighted so many of the excelelnt aspects about it, the pools, large windows, great location, etc. I am happy you enjoyed your time with us and were able to make use of the facilites and indeed find the ease with hich you can also explore the city. I did however note the issue with the check in and the hot water and can assure you we will review these two issues with our team. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend as our month in Thailand was coming to an end.The room was big and confortable and bathroom was top.Best bed in a hotel i have ever used.Pool bar great had a hamburger sitting in the pool delicious and coktails world class.Location is a litlle far from center but quiet and no problem getting around in a cab.Staff great and helpful.Definetlly will come back to here on my next trip to Thailand.Thank you Amari for 2 dream days.

• Stayed March 2012
GeneralManager58, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your review and the nice comment son the room, the hamburger and our team members. We are very lucky to have so many fantastic employees which is a wonderful selling point of our hotel. I am happy you had two great days with us enjoying the great pools and the spacious garden. I look forward to welcoming you back for more in the future. Kind regards, General Manager
Jodhpur, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

i stayed in this hotel with my friends on june 23,24 & we check-out on 25 th, that time we were going to bangkok by van but we missed one of luggage, may be hotel waiter not put our luggage in the van, when we reach bangkok we get to know that we missed one luggage at Amari & after discussion to Amari reception, they told that they will send our luggage in our bangkok hotel & after receiving our luggage in bangkok, we see that my friends blackberry mobile was missed from the luggage & they also sweap my friend debit card of big amount & they refuse to accept.i was shocked that in this reputed hotel , staff are thieves ,very bed experiance in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
GeneralManager58, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you once again for posting the review. This I believe is the second time the review has been posted and I have detailed a reply to you before below. If you wish to follwo this up further, please do get in touch with us here at the hotel and we would only be willing to help with a police report etc so you can indeed claim any insurance etc. My apologies to you once again but here was my previous reply to you.

"When you and your party where leaving the hotel the bell boy had loaded all the luggage given to him and upon checking with your party it was acknowledged it was all indeed present. However after sometime and your subsequent call, it was found a bag had been left at the travel desk in the lobby, which was then identified as yours. You had left this here when departing the lobby. We had offered to send this to you in Bangkok but due to the charges involved you then asked the agent you had booked through to collect the bag. A complete audit of the bag was done but there was no blackberry or credit cards in this. The bag was then collected and taken to you by the guide. It was then the following day that you contacted us to state that a blackberry was missing. No mention was made of the credit cards being missing or indeed them having been misused. We offered assistance with the police to report this however I understand that the tour guide was to assist you with this.

My apologies again if we have been in the wrong, however the allegations made in your review I hope in hindsight you will feel are not accurate you will retract these. If you need any further assistance to claim any insurance etc, we would only be too happy to help." Thank you, General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were in room 710 which were considered Ocean Deluxe for 6 nights on a package that came with credits for room service. We are repeat guests and were disappointed.

Rooms are internally good 5 star standards but not the standard of the big chains, large seperate bath and showers and a wonderful size. Would have rated 4-5 stars based on this alone. ALL service staff were excellent. Breakfast was acceptable. Room service quality, cost and portions was bad i.e value for money. We ordered a Thai papaya salad and said medium spicy, no shrimps as we had an allergy issue with crustaceans. It came with shrimps and yes, they replaced it and comp some drinks. Great service recovery efforts except it came with 12 supper hot chilli peppers(yes we counted). Unedible and it left us wondering if someone was unhappy with the initial rejection of the shrimps. We asked most Thais and they would be considered spicy for them. We showed the dish with chillis to F & B and once again gretat service recovery, they cancelled the entire bill for the meal which pleasantly surprised us. Forget the Essence Cafe except for breakfast as the ambience is really bad for dinner. Why? We visited it 2 nights- once it was completely empty and the next 1 table with a couple. If you really like dining alone in a huge area with empty tables and chairs - it would be perfect. We also dined at the Tavern Pub as we wanted to catch Wimbledon- acceptable standard- edible not WOW, pricey for the portions. What we were impressed with was that when we requested for the commentary to be turned up, they actually did and turned off the music at the bar. Servcie was impecable!

We played golf one day and returned to hotel to find NO HOT WATER and only found out when I was in the shower!! I called front desk who informed me there will be no hot water and it will be back in about 1 hour. I jumped in for a quick cold as I could no stand sitting around sweaty. My husband waited and 1 hr later we got a call from front desk informing us that the hot water will not be available and water supply will be completely off and when we turn it back on we may have yellow/brown water for a while. WOW! Credits for their bravery to call us as I do not envy her job then! After that episode we did not hear any mention from the hotel, no apology- NADA. It was like it never happened. Also,forget paying premium for Ocean Deluxe rooms, our room had a pool view, standing in the middle of the windows assuming it was centre of clock, we got an ocean view between 9-10 sections of a clock which meant nothing unless you stand at windows as the curtains hid the ocean. Felt kind of ripped off as that was the only difference between a standard and ocean deluxe room
Another important note, if you are getting away on an initial "get to know you" type getaway, this is not the room for you as there is absolutely no privacy in showers, bathtub and worse still the loo. Glass enclosed throne that has an opening at the top which would pose a challenge to sensitive noses and ears:) Lovely to look at but not too practical. Lavishing sexy in a tub or walking out of shower into the open may work but the other loo section???? My husband and I have been together for awhile and we were still very conscious of the lack of privacy on the throne:)

Room Tip: Don't bother with premium on Ocean Deluxe and room service. Many other good quality hotels for t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the detailed response with regards to your recent stay here. I have noted the issues you had when with us which included the hot water, room service and Tavern. Firstly please accept my apologies for the inconvenience and disaappointmet felt during your stay. I can assure you that we are reviewing thie points highlighted and will take necessary steps to improve in these areas. With regards to the water, we had an emergency issue with a pipe breaking and I do hope you did get the letter that went to the rooms to inform people of this. This as you know resulted in there being no hot water for a number of hours which is I agree not satisfactory but the issue was not foreseen and indeed took a number of hours to repair. My apologies once again. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel one day in the future. Kind regards, General Manager
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Tower. Wonderful hotel. Service at the level of Mandarim Oriental. Attention to details, spectacular room with great ocean view. Facilities at the hotel are top notch, pool, gym, spa. Substantial and delicious breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Amari Garden Pattaya, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Many thanks for your very nice comments about both our hotel and the levels of service received. We are very lucky to have so many excellent team members with us which makes the hotel indeed very special. Thank you and I am happy you have enjoyed your time with us. I look forward to seeing you very soon. Kind Regards, General Manager
Thane, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Room had a great view of the sea.hotel is 5 min walk to sea.Lots of open area with trees Has 2 large swimming pool.Everyone was enjoying and kids can be in pool under watchful eyes.Can spend lazying in the pool just reading Great food and very helpful employees makes it a great stay.Room have large windows and therefore natural light. with akinsized bed and large open tub to relax even when you are insde the room.Smokers can easily sit out and smoke without having to smoke inside. Conference rooms are well equipped and open so when you get bored sitting ,just look out.The road outside is full of options for food ,bars,restaurants and shopping mall. A great stay........

Room Tip: corner room facing the sea,bright and with comfortable AC unit
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taken the time to review our hotel and the very nice comments made. We are proud of the hotel, the wonderful gardens, the great food as you point out and believe it is the ideal location for a break, a conference or just to enjoy a nice dinner with friend. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you back here very soon. Kind regards, General Manager

Been to Amari Garden Pattaya? Share your experiences!