“Brilliant Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cucumber Inn Suites

You added Cucumber Inn Suites to your Saves list
Cucumber Inn Suites
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   111/80-81 Moo10, Soi 24 | Nongprue, Banglamung, Pattaya, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 387 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Brilliant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here in Feb 2013. The hotel is very small and personalised. we loved how the staff interacted with a personal attention and always with a smile. The room was well decorated with good furniture and very spacious overlooking a junction but never was noisy. thanks to the double window arrangement they have, there us silence in the room. At night you have to take the bar door if you arrive post 11.30 but that is not a hassle and no dangers of doing so. Food is lovely served in restaurant downstairs and resident guests also get a 15% discount which was nice.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MrRabbitThailand, General Manager at Cucumber Inn Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Mumbai
Thanks for choosing Cucumber Inn and giving us a super review. We're a small independently owned hotel, not part of a large hotel chain, and we strive always to give our guests a warm welcome and personalised service. I'm glad you liked our rooms and our food in the restuarant. Our chefs have been with us a long time and a high percentage of our diners are repeat visitors to the restaurant. Thanks for taking time to write. Kevin, General Manager, Cucumber Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
首都圏
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This small hotel is the definitely best hotel I've ever stayed at. It's not only because big, nice rooms and their facility but because I enjoyed small talks with the staff member and was able to make myself at home. Frankly I do not want to tell this hotel to anybody. I want to keep it as my personal secret place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The other reviews sum up this place very well. The rooms are truly huge and very cosy and comfortable with soft beds and furnishings. There would easily be enough room to put a dining room table or larger desk, but by the same token, there is probably no need as the downstairs dining area is spacious.

What is great about this little boutique hotel is that the owner probably makes just as much money from the restaurant as the rooms, and that is because the restaurant is run so well! Its very much part of the whole offering.

There is room for improvement, for example I was often 'forgotten' in various parts of the dining area when positioned behind pillars or other objects, but these are very minor in the scheme of things. The staff were consistently friendly and eager to please.

I dined regularly in the restaurant normally for lunch, and I found the Thai food to be very good and certainly great value for money with the 15% discount for guests which is very generous - lets face it, the owner David could have done 10% but he did 15% instead!

The owner was always around the place and not just lazing around but genuinely getting involved with the business which is so important. He came across as very genuine, very interested in producing a quality product and if I did have any problems (which I didnt) I am sure he would have rectified any problems quick smart.

What is almost ridiculous about reviewing this hotel is the price. Its less than 1000 baht a night, which normally brings you into 'danger' territory. And what I mean by that is the potential for cheaper places to be dirty, badly run, poor security etc. Definitely not at the Cucumber Inn! The actual 'product' being delivered is up there with hotels in the 2000-3000 baht a night space and I can say that with confidence.

Great place for single travelling women as the security is excellent and the staff engender a homely and friendly atmosphere.

Just one suggestion for the owner please! A list of the channels for the TV please so I dont need to scroll through 60 channels every time I am trying to find Fox News! Other than that, don't change a thing. I look forward to returning next time should you have any rooms free!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hi Melbourne
Great to hear you had a really good experience at Cucumber Inn and we really appreciate your support in your review. We'll do all we can to maintain the high standards that you report and our guests expect, and also adapt and improve where you suggest too. Thanks again. Kevin, General Manager Cucumber Inn
Batu Pahat, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My title says it all, 10 minutes walk to the famous walking street and beach road. Hail a tuk tuk in front to save you walking is only gonna cost you 10B.

The receptionist Ms Kae is very friendly, been very helpful by showing us couple if rooms for us to choose from, provide me with a free wifi which is accessible from the room.

The breakfast is not a very popular place along the street, in fact I don't see other restaurant full as well. Breakfast quality is ok, I love the porridge, the American breakfast is complete, my gf loves it, moreover, if you are the guest, you are entitled to 15% discount off...

All these for 1200B a night, worth every single cents!

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

A friend and I went in November 2012, we took seperate rooms cos my friend snores like a pig. Our check in couldnt have been easier, the receptionist/cashier, who was situated in the restaurant itself, was friendly and efficient. We had two large (and I mean LARGE) rooms on the 4th floor, rooms 401 and 402. The rooms were well appointed having all windows secondary glazed. All rooms with A/C Flat screen, TV, coffee, tea making facilities, writing facilities, hair drier and digital safe. The batroom had all the soap, gel, shampoo ect we needed and it was refurbished every day. Clean towels, sheets and pillowcases were supplied every day. all this for 1000 Baht a day (£20 or $32) and we got 15% off any food or drink bought in the restaurant. All in all, a great deal!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter due to a main road running down the front
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful big clean room, very comfortable and good decor. The room was very big, with a sofa, big bed and spotless bathroom. Also a safe in the room, always a plus. Staff friendly and helpful. Food in the restaurant is also tasty. Good location. Would stay again, excellent hotel. No gripes at all.

• Stayed October 2012
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Check in staff did not understand English, which was a problem. Very few staff seem to understand English. I don't understand Thai. There is a 1000 baht cash deposit required at check in for a prepaid room. It got better after that. I was impressed with the size and decor of the double room. Inside is more impressive than the look from outside. Nice cosy place. The place closes around 10.30pm-11pm, so you need to check in before that time and if checking out before 8am, you need to make arrangements the the day before to get a staff member for check out and to get your deposit back. Restaurant is ok if you are into Thai food. Other eating places a short walk away. Quiet to sleep, clean room and linen. Night life walking distance, a lot better than Bangkok City. First time solo guys, Pattaya is the place to go. Skip Bangkok. 2hrs by coach 135baht from the airport every 30mins during the day.

Room Tip: Probably away from main road side.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Cucumber Inn Suites? Share your experiences!