“"Bad service"” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #301 of 586 Restaurants in Pattaya
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: http://www.top10inthecity.com/mobile/eng/Thailand/Pattaya/Where-to-eat/Indian-Restaurant/Raj__r4_15756_eng/Phone: +6638421890Email: raj_ptty@yahoo.com
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“"Bad service"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The food here was ok.The service is very slow. 4-5 people for service but still cannot manage well though it was not all that ccrowded.First they got burnt rotis which we had to return.Took really long to get raw onions.The subzi was good.

Visited February 2014

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Even street food in India is much better than Raj.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I visited this Restaurant for two purposes.

#1. Dinner
We ordered simple pulav and rita to begin, we thought to first taste few dish and then next day we can come for lunch/dinner if we liked the food.
The pulav was plain colored steam rice with color. Raita was more water and less curd.
we didn't even dared to order another dish.
Food was not tasty at all, seems like the restaurant was out of stock on spices and veggies.
I would defiantly advice to stay away from this restaurant.

#2. To book coral island trip
We asked him for coral island trip and he said since I am Indian i am getting the best price.
Later on while discussing with other people on trip accidentally i came to know he charged me 200 THB more as compared to what others paid (they booked from other agents)
Well i dont know if i should complain about this because its business.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
“the only stop for indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was fortunate to wander into Raj Indian where I met Sonny who greeted and answered my questions about my dish, Chicken Vindaloo with Chile non bread. The Chicken was all breast meat, the potatoes were cooked to perfection and the sauce was the best vindaloo I've ever had and I eat a lot of Indian food, it's my favorite. The chile non was cooked to perfection, the portion was perfect and the service was 1st rate, strong recommendation.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phitsanulok, Thailand
“Authentic Indian food-fair value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have travelled extensively in India and love Indian cuisine. I live in Thailand and a lot of the Indian food is only so-so. I was really looking forward to trying this restaurant. We were not dissappointed. The food was very tasty, large portions, friendly helpful sevice, and nice ambiance. The prices are fair but do not expect a bargain. You will pay about the same as you would in Americia or Canada.

The menu is extensive but we stuck to vegetarian. We had the palak paneer (my favorite) the mushroom mattar, veggie samosa (3 very big ones) and garlic nan. Everything was excellent and they will cook it as hot or mild as you desire. Including 2 beers and a glass of wine the tab came to around 950 baht which included a 10% service charge. I don't like added service charges but in Pattaya it is very common practice.

The location is very convienient: On the North side of S. Pattaya Rd. Just 20 meters West (ocean direction) of the intersection with Pattaya 2 road. If you crave superb Indian food, give the Raj a try.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chandigarh
“Very good Indian food at best location at Pattaya with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I dined at this place along with my 2 friends and we had enjoyed our dinner over there. Being Indian i know the spices & quality of dishes made back home and i found this place offering almost similar tastes and looks.

The Vindallos, kormas, Rice pulav and curry was fantastic and lassi was marvelous. My friend liked their spicy chicken very much. We ate the best tandoori roti's (breads) at Raj during our entire Thailand trip.
I would like visit this restaurant again n again.

• Visited July 2012