“Best food i have ever tasted!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bergen
“Best food i have ever tasted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Me and my friends were passing this resurante and figured we should try it out, best expirience of the whole trip, too bad it was the last day of our stay. Good price and the pizza, we cant describe it! Its probably the best food we have ever tasted. I would really like to go back there so we are planing on another trip to Thailand this year. We will most likely come back here every day in our next trip. We have been on many different resturantes and other typed of places where they sells foods. Many of those places was great and had delicious food, but none of them was even close to this. I would really like the recipe for the pizza sauce.
The Service we got in there was great and we asked for some bread that we got before the dinner. We got a basket of these deliciuos slices of bread and then we got the pizza from heaven! Allmost in no time.

All in all, we had a very good experience in that restaurant i want to say that it was perfect so in August we are going to get back here, I just cant wait.

• Visited November 2011

Haugesund, Norway
“Amazing Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

The best pasta and pizza in Pattaya - and yes, that includes the Don Joe`s great Italian wine cellar, which quickly reveals its Veneto roots.

Look for Don Joe`s Antipasti section and the great homemade pasta with tomao sauce.

You only get one only true Italian restaurant in Pattaya, Walking Street - and that is Don Joe Ristorante E Enoteca. One of the best "branded" Italian restaurants, pizzeria and enoteca in the town since 1988.

Our famely higly recomand the place and we will defently be back agan next holiday.

• Visited December 2011
Pattaya, Thailand
“Excellent restaurant with seaside view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Great service and great food - geniune italian restaurant located in "walking street".
"Joe", the manager, gave us excellent service the italian way!
Highly recommended - will definately visit again.

• Visited November 2011
Norway
“Love the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Nice place, nice food, nice veiw on sea side, What more do you expect ???

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“BLAND FOOD COMBINED WITH LARGE PORTIONS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Walking down walking street don joe is almost at the very end,we were looking for a good italian restaurant. We were told by another guest about it although he had not eaten there, he missed nothing.
The decor is Thai with a hint of Italy the tables are bistro style and enough room to get four people around. There were three of us eating all looking forward to a good Italian meal .
We ordered for our first course a combination of melon with parma ham a prawn salad and a greek salad for myself. The melon and parma ham salad arrived on a large bread board and was very good but far too much of it as a starter. A third of this portion would have been fine combined with the bread it was filling and would have been better served for a table or as a main course. The prawn salad was I'm informed very good again a lot of it the salad in the glass and prawns were more like a floral tribute but the dish it self was good. The greek salad arrived in a huge bowl enough to share round the table there was plenty of feta and olives it was seasoned just right.
We went on to order our main course and a bottle of pino grigho, an order of pan fried salmon for two and a spaghetti carbonara for myself. The salmon was cooked but a little two much the vegtables were a little limp and didn't look fresh, the flavour had been cooked out of them. My carbonara arrived it was extra large and looked to be about 1kg of spaghetti in the dish with huge amounts of bacon and chesse sauce. I know this is what you expect in a carbonara but the dish was far too large for one person. I was not offered any black pepper or parmesain chesse. I turned over the contents of the dish to combine them which in itself was a feat. I tasted the carbonara it was cold the dish was so large it had let all the heat out the sauce had clotted and was bland I have to come to the conclusion that this was mass produced and not made in house. The food was bland and tasteless no amount of seasoning was going to alter this. The spaghetti was not fresh some was uncooked and dry and snaped in the dish. The choice of wine was also a big mistake ,we can take some responsibilty for this. It had no taste no depth no fruity taste nothing. I ate a little but was beaten back by a cold tasteless dish, we had coffee and left.
If the portions were smaller and better cooked then we would have ordered a dessert and spent more money. Some one to advise on the wine list and to say which wine was worth having would have helped. The service was a bit hap hazzard the meal arriving in two or three stages, no one asked if the meal was alright . I have eaten in many italian restaurants and most of the time enjoyed the food this was the exception
The price was reasonable the bland food let it down, I would not visit again,walking street is a prime spot for eating and entertainment of all kinds. The competition here is high and restaurants who do not rise above the standard are soon swallowed up.

• Visited August 2011