“Worst fishing charter in Thailand” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Scuba Dawgs Pattaya

Scuba Dawgs Pattaya
551/2 Moo 10 | Bali Hai Pier, Pattaya 20150, Thailand (Formerly Pattaya Diving & Fishing)
+(66)38710029
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 84 Activities in Pattaya
Type: Tours, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Our mission is to provide a personal diving experience second to none to all our customers! We teach entry level to professional PADI scuba diving courses using the latest teaching materials and high quality scuba equipment our friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff will help, inspire, educate and train you to dive safe and have fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Worst fishing charter in Thailand”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very expensive for service provided, food was terrible and the driver didn't even know where to take us, which made us late and could have meant we missed the morning bite. I have fished all over Thailand and have had some wonderful experiences; fresh ingredients cooked fresh on the boat with fruit etc., Large amounts of fish caught and large fish.
I managed to catch the one fish for the day once I badgered the Captain to move the boat to what looked like a good spot and grabbed the rod, after being told there was no bite.
Most charters I have been on have provided an experienced captain and deckhand this one had neither, just some poor bloke hired to take a couple of farangs out to a dud spot for the day. The equipment provided is poor even for the standards often encountered on some boats in Thailand.
Thailand fishing has a lot to offer just find a better company to spend your hard earne Baht with.

Utrecht
“First diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Straight and honest staff and owner. We had Ian as instructor. Good fun on board. Clear instructions and exercises in the water. First dive to 6 meter was already good enough to make my day.
Lunch was better than most of the diners I had had. Ample of fresh water (and coffee) to drink during the trip.
Second dive, though on the short side because of conditions, still memorable because of the ginormous sea turtle leaving its hiding spot under my nose.
Luck sure helps of course for a good experience. But the organisation was immaculate.
Thanks a bunch !
Raymond and Verena

Visited July 2013
Melbourne
“Super Inspired by these guys. Great diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

So glad i stumbled across Jon and his dive shop. Did my advanced course with Ian as my instructor and couldn't have asked for any more professionalism and friendless from these guy's. They made it so enjoyable, stress free and provided me with a wealth of information and skills I wanted to do it all over again. Highly recommend this mob and would go back to Pattaya just to go diving with Pattaya Diving and Fishing. AAAAAA++++++

Visited June 2013
“A wonderful experience! A must do in Pattaya..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I am sure there would be a lot of options to do your PADI in Pattaya and Thailand in general. I didn't have to scratch my head going in circles trying to decide on which one to go with as I was accompanied by my friend who had already dived with Pattaya Diving and Fishing.

Glad he took me to this place. Jon, who owns the place and Ian, my instructor, are really great folks.

I did my first scuba diving experience here and I must say "I loved it" !!! The instructor was super duper awesome !!! He took his time to make me learn all the skills !!! In my first dive I learned all the skills and my second dive was the real one and it was awesome ! I also got to see a turtle in my second dive !!!

The equipment, the boat and the instructor are very good. I really had a memorable time.

I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone. In fact, I have some friends who keep visiting Pattaya for holidays and I shared my scuba diving experience with them and recommended "Pattaya Diving and Fishing" to them already. As for me I cannot wait to come back for an Open Water Certification course.

C ya soon guys !! All the best !!!

Visited June 2013
“First place to head for in Pattaya. You won't regret it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

A rare thing these days to find a company in Thailand that go out of their way to make sure you have the best day out possible rather than just wanting to relieve you of your cash.
The instructor is so professional and conscientious all fears are allayed letting you relax and enjoy yourself with the confidence of knowing your in safe hands.
On top of all that chatting with them they pointed out a few do's and don'ts on how to make the best of the place, pointing out the scams and pitfalls that nieve newcomers get stung for.
So refreshing to find businessmen that are so professional yet selfless too. The advice they gave me on making the most of Pattaya improved my holiday no end and I left feeling I'd made a friend not just a transaction. Can't recommend them enough and strongly advise new arrivals to make them the fist place to head for. You won't regret it!