“No problem staying here again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Butchers Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pattaya
The Butchers Arms
You added The Butchers Arms to your Saves list
Soi Buakhao | Central Pattaya, Pattaya 20150, Thailand   |
Ranked #49 of 387 Pattaya B&B and Inns
“No problem staying here again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Very good accommodation, clean and tidy rooms, nice location, friendly staff, aircon, TV, nice food. only gripe is that the showers when we stayed here smelt of sewage when turnt on, and not just one room other people in different rooms noticed it. Overall all recommend.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here in February 2013 for 12 nights. I have to say that it was very good value for money, the room was very clean and cumfy. The staff were all very polite. I would recomend this to anyone ...

Room Tip: Good Value
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Surin, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great English breakfast in a nice British pub style setting. Inexpensive, tasty, clean and friendly right on Soi Buakhao. Ate breakfast there nearly every morning before setting off for the day's adventures. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a week. We just got home.
This place is awesome.
If you look at it from outside the place doesn't look like much at all. We actually arrived to early and had to leave our bags there and go for a walk until the morning staff arrived to check us in. As we were walking my gf didn't seem convinced about the place and suggested we look at this other place for 600 baht (50 less than butchers) a night that had a better looking reception area. we looked at the room and as soon as we opened the door this smell hit us and we just laughed and left...
So back at the butcher's arms when we checked in and saw the room we were so happy. For 650 a night it was large and immaculate. Complete with dvd/stereo, large flat screen tv, aircon, lamps, paintings, flowers, safe, excellent wifi, everything....
The staff also helped us carry the bags up to the 4th floor... theres no lift.
The food downstairs was very good as well. The western food is reasonably priced but i found the thai food to be very expensive which was disappointing. Thai food is usually a cheap addition to most menus. When me and my Thai gf ate together it usually cost 500-600 baht.
As for the staff/service, they do there job very well and I can't really fault them. They could have smiled a bit more, infact I barely saw them smile at all but I couldn't really care less to be honest as long as they do there job. My only gripe with the whole experience would be when I called them to book the room. I booked it not knowing the bus from phuket would arrive the day after. I called them 2 days before to let them know I would be arriving the day after and they suggested I should cancel my booking and that there boss doesn't like "rude people". I don't like being called rude but I just forgot about it. Everything else was great. They even have a monitor in the toilet displaying funny motivational posters from the internet.
The location is excellent. 10 minute walk from walking st. Many bars, gogo's and 7/11's around. Theres a bar full of about 20 ladyboys right next door but they're no trouble whatsoever. We actually drank there quite a few times.
We had the cheapest room which she insisted on the phone was very small which had me worried but it was't really small at all. The big rooms must be huge.

Room Tip: our room was up the back. very dark during the day and easy to sleep in. no noise whatsoever. i imag...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

One of the best budget hotel experiences I've ever had. Superb food down in the pub (under the guesthouse), warm service, well equipped rooms at a very reasonable rate, and in a superb location right at the heart of the 'Little Britain' quarter of Pattaya (Soi Buakhao area).

Highly recommended to all who love proper British hospitality combined with the best of Thai hospitality. The food, particularly the breakfasts are to die for!! :))))

Room Tip: We had the most expensive room (850 baht per night) called 'Superior' and it was excellent...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

After a positive recommendation from a friend, I elected to stay at the Butchers Arms. I certainly was not disappointed. The staff were excellent, service outstanding and the rooms very well appointed and spotlessly clean. the food was great, the beer cold and well priced, in fact a perfect base for an excellent stay. Safe, secure and very well located. An excellent experience and certainly great value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is our second home! EXCELLENT clean rooms, and the English food is great just like home, baz and kob have got it right here, the bar where you meet all new friends and laugh and talk till dawn If you want!!! right in the heart of everything, beach 10 min walk, boat to Kolarn island is 45mins, baht bus to walking street is 2mins Megabreak pool hall just down the road,Tonys gym if you need, its fantastic so many places to see :-) !! so little time .......

Room Tip: great for single people ,couples sadly no pool, stairs to rooms only( no lift .)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Butchers Arms? Share your experiences!