“Hilton, perfect stay at Pattaya” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Pattaya

You added Hilton Pattaya to your Saves list
Hilton Pattaya
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333/101 Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglamung | Banglamung, Pattaya 20260, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #9 of 387 Hotels in Pattaya
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Hilton, perfect stay at Pattaya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Hilton Pattaya is a great hotel to stay for leisure and for business. Good location, excellent services, wonderful dining experience and wonderful rooms. I suggest to get the sea front room suite with bath tube in the terrace and a wonderful panoramic view experience. Visit the 34th floor Horizon restaurant is a must, especially for a drink during sunset.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rudolf T, General Manager at Hilton Pattaya, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Hilton Pattaya as the hotel of choice for your recent stay. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your views of your recent stay at our hotel.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that our Horizon roof top restaurant was able to contribute to your enjoyment. We hope to see you again soon.

Rudolf Troestler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed here before last year but just only one night and it was fine. So, when our agent asked if we want to stay here again(this time 4 nights) during our seminar, we thought it couldn't be bad!!......... BUT IT HAS BEEN TERRIBLE!!

In fact, the hotel was so poor that we have to start writing our first review to warn other. It's our business that we have to attend many seminars throughout the year both local and international, so we've been stayed in many 3-5 hotels and never ever has experienced anything this poor!!!

Just to be fair for the hotel and staffs, not all are bad, some staffs are nice and the room we stayed last year was fine.....BUT You will play your luck here!!! It depends very much on what room you stay in and what staff you contact with. Maybe the hotel is run down

We checked in 1st day on Wed April 23rd and met a very nice staff name 'Dream" He looked at the booking and realized we will stay for 4 nights so he tries to find a good room for us.

First night, we stay on floor 20 and it was alright. Second night onward, we moved to 2912 where the nightmare begin

- The bathroom sink is clog and it took minutes for water to drain. The water also dripping down under the sink
- The Shower room also has the same problem...it take a while for water to drain
- The wood-floor has squeaking sound like the room has been flooded from the bathtub. This is ok in the daytime but it wakes you up when someone goes to the bathroom during the night because you have to walk on the squeaky sound or jump over the squeaky area whichever way it is very noisy and of course annoying
- If this is not already bad enough, come over to the bed: The bed also has a squeaky spring sound so whenever your partner toss and turn, the noise wakes you up
- I couldn't sleep til 3-4 am and has to walk down to the lobby and asked for the earplug. On the hallway, I also heard a sound from the other room...YES someone has taken a hooker up in the room near us.
- In this room, we can also hear a sound from the room beside us and also the sound of dripping water from somewhere but not our sink because we have been avoid to use it.

Even we have experienced these all problems, we didn't complained or changed the room because we already unpack our stuff and if you are a frequent traveler you know the headache of being pack and unpack your luggage. Besides, we also dont want a mechanic guy to fix up the room while we are there so we just try to relax and hope it wouldn't get any worse....BUT IT'S NOT

IT'S GETTING WORSE ON THE NIGHT AFTER. On top of the bad room condition we mentioned above, the noise from the other room kept coming. I realized later that the hotel has large group tour checking in and almost running 100% full so that's why we hear a lot more noises than our first night

Yes....besides all these....we still try to be patient....and just look forward for the check out.....So what could be still the worst after all these?????? Read below

The 1st day we stay there, I went to its small fitness. I had my Croc style shoe which is not a sneaker but not an open toe beach flip flop either. I told the trainer that I'm not going to use a treadmill and the staff was nice. He let me in and also gave me some training tips.

The 2nd day, I went down to the pool, but it's all packed. So I went in to the fitness room again just to work out a little til the pool is less crowded.

The staff on duty today, however, is completely NOT friendly. No water offered, no fresh towel offered. The only offer I got was "order to leave to room" She said "Abosolutely NO" and put all effort to take me out of the room.

I told her I've been here before yesterday. I'm not going to use any treadmill, will not cause any trouble, and will just lift up a few weight to wait for the pool. She then proceeded to get another guy to try to debate this issue. At this point, I still be patient and repeat what I told the first lady that I wait for the pool and will leave soon this could be 10 minutes top. This guy then proceeded to get a young female manager to come over to debate this issue.

At this moment, I can't stand it anymore.....the fitness room has ZERO quest....YES the room was empty. Few quests already left. So what is the point?? to keep the room empty so the staff can sit back and enjoy their little chit-chat on phone?? I also asked this female manager to give me a break. I mentioned a few things about a bad room condition and she said..ohhh....you can change the room then.....hmmm easily said..I guess she never care a trouble guest will have with packing and unpacking.

I don't want to blame much on those 2 young staffs because they may lack experiences but the manager should have a better judgment. After all the hotel pays a manager to think not to read a rule for guest. She also treated me very badly...as she tried to stand so close to me that I can almost smell her breath and tried to block me out so that I couldn't work out. To be fair, I maybe wrong here .....but I'm not a criminal......I'm only a hotel guest who just doesn't have a sneaker.

With all these bad experiences, we decide to check out early and move to Holiday Inn which is surprisingly better!!!

At check out, the reception lady asked why we left early, I told her we had a bad stay but we don't wanna complain and take it out on her so we asked to leave a comment with a manager .....but.......guess what?????........the same female manager came over again. It's like a never ending nightmare. I tried my best to be very..very..very patient and slowly told her ....can we leave a comment to someone else???...........

NO SURPRISE!!.....Her response: No you CANNOT.

AT this point(around 6pm Saturday), she said she is the only manager here. No one above her or equal to her is available!!! Wow!!! That sucks....what if there is a fire or an emergency ???????? So this is the one and only person in charged for the matter of life of hundreds of hotel quests......As much as I tried to believe her, I couldn't possibly think there is absolutely no one else beside her!!!

I tried very best to be patient for one last time and told her we already set off in the wrong foot at the fitness room, don't you think it's better for me(or the sake of hotel) to discuss my bad stay with someone else???

NO SURPRISE AGAIN!! Her response: NO and NO....She insisted she is the one and only in the Hilton hotel. At this point, I have nothing else to say. So, I said I believe you...please just write it down in a letter stating date and time to confirm that there is absolutely nobody else available.

Guess what ???.....her reaction suddenly changed and now it is possible that there might be someone else available ....but I said no I already have enough and asked you more than twice. I just wanted to finish it here and leave asap. She still tried to refuse to write it down....what's point?? If you are not liar to me, what are you afraid of?

By the way, the female manager name is "USA" ....no it's not a country....it's a Thai name written in English.

We decided to leave. No surprise..there is no offer to help with the luggage. We came down by ourselves to the ground floor and asked a staff at the front if there is anyone else we can comment about this bad stay. Right away, he call another manager on a cellphone. It took forever to discuss this with the female manager on the lobby but take only a second down here. How could this be possible??

In my opinion, this guy has done a great job, He invited us to sit, offered bottles of water, offered help with the luggage. He should be a manager.

After all, these have been a bad experience ever otherwise we wouldn't waste time to write this long page to warn other.

Room Tip: (Tip for those who read this review and still want to stay in this hotel or have no choice, good roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rudolf T, General Manager at Hilton Pattaya, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Hilton Pattaya as the hotel of choice for your recent stay and for taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are sorry that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your detailed comments with regards to the low quality of room condition and improper manner from our team members are well noted. Your comments have been shared with the Department Heads and team members concerned for improvement and rectification.

With this in mind, we once again thank you for your valuable feedback.

Seoul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

nice sea view at breakfast buffet. eating outside was an excellent experience. lobby staff was very nice in accommodating our needs. shopping mall in the hotel, above all, was very pleasant and comfortable. you don't even have to leave the hotel if your purpose of trip is to relax and rest. beach rigth in front of the hotel was not exactly beautiful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very glad that you found the location, guest room, amenities and service levels of the hotel to your satisfaction. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Pattaya soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I loved staying here. Everything from the room, the gym, swimming pool and the breakfast buffet. Friendly staff and very modern look. I'm not sure about value for money because my dad always pays for it so all I have to do is enjoy.

Best thing is that it's connected to the Central mall and not far from everything else. Perfect location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Hilton Pattaya as the hotel of choice for your recent stay and for having taken the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We are delighted to read your comments and that you enjoyed the facilities and features of our hotel and the service provided by our team members. We do hope to see you return soon as we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Pattaya.

Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a few times now. The hotel is very modern, clean and has great views over the bay. Pattaya isn't my favourite place but the hotel is a great draw for me.
The evening buffet is truly amazing with a great variety of food.
The rooms are nicely decorated and the Air conditioning is very quiet and good.
Location is great being beside Central Festival and the shops etc.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Hilton Pattaya as the hotel of choice and for having taking time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay at Hilton Pattaya, Thailand.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that the location, facilities, hotel design and features made your stay a memorable and enjoyable experience for you. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hilton Pattaya.

Curzay-sur-Vonne, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The second time I came here, and I chose Hilton Pattaya Hotel. The hotel was so famous, so nothing I could belittle. The staffs were professional, friendly and open-armed. Shinny and luxury from reception area to guestroom. My room was spacious, comfortable, and quite with great sea view from private balcony. My favorite one was swimming pool, I love its unique and modern style. Hilton Hotel chain is always like real paradise.

• Stayed November 2013
Rudolf T, General Manager at Hilton Pattaya, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and in particular that our infinity pool was able to contribute to your enjoyment. We hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

i asked for late checkout they say we can give 1h30 or 2 max i say oki . i was surprised i couldnt use my cards after 1h00 and i stuck in the lift . the 2 rooms booked in executive on 4/7/2014 in top of that i didnt receive my HHonors Points and my Qmiles with qatar airways . this is my 4th stay in executive hilton pattaya this year . so dont make it last one . NABIH MOHAMED AMINE

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleased to read your comments and glad that you found the features of our hotel, especially our Drift plounge, guest rooms, restaurant of the hotel and warm welcome of our team members to your satisfaction. At same time, we note your constructive comments and suggestions for improvements and we thank you for those.

We do hope to see you return soon as we look forward to welcoming you back at which time we look forward to serving you in the manner you have rightfully come to expect at Hilton Pattaya.

Rudolf Troestler

Been to Hilton Pattaya? Share your experiences!