“Well worth it´s ranking!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Nova Gold Hotel Pattaya

You added The Nova Gold Hotel Pattaya to your Saves list
The Nova Gold Hotel Pattaya
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80/166 Moo 9 Nongprue | Banglamung, Chonburi, Pattaya 20150, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Value Package
Ranked #70 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Well worth it´s ranking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Based on the reviews I read here I booked to stay at the Nova Gold from 23rd July until 5th Aug on a mixed trip of business and leisure. And I must say that I was extremely pleased once I arrived.
It is a little of the beaten track but I never once had a problem with a taxi taking me back. In the day the fare was normally 120-150 baht and at night 200 baht.
Going the other way Peter or one of the other boys will take you down to the 2nd Road (and often the Beach Road) in the hotel golf buggy.
There is a 7/11 just around the corner for immediate needs.
Check-in was a 2 minute operation and all the girls on reception particularly Elizabeth and Lilly were always helpful.
The room I was allocated 402 was very good but too near the elevator, always ask for a room away from the elevator! It was plenty big enough and had a very, very comfortable bed. Bathroom was big and had good water pressure. The free internet in your room through the computer provided is purely for those odd e-mails and bits of news you need to catch up on. It is set to re-boot every 15 mins so often by the time you are up and running it is re-booting.
Breakfast was over the road at Jamison’s and that was again a very easy operation, walk in hand over your voucher, order your eggs and visit the buffet.
The pool is very small and more there for lazing and refreshing than serious sunbathing.
The small spa is fine but the massages I had were all of the highest order, many thanks to Amis.
All in all a very good experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

The Nova Gold is located a bit out of the way, but it is in a residential area, making it quiet and you get a feel for Pattaya away from the tourists. The welcome on arrival was polite yet warm, and they made my companion feel very welcome too (she was a ladyboy, all too often shunned by hotels).

The bedrooms are clean and functional; not exactly luxurious, but fine for a week or two. The balcony is a bonus. The room we stayed in had aircon, a well-equipped bathrom (no tub though), minibar fridge in which you could cool your own items, 40" TV, DVD player and mini-computer with free WiFi access throughout the stay. In short, it was excellent.

I used the pool. It is open air and unfortunately it was raining when I swam, and so was a little cold. But it is adequate, and the times that we used it we had it to ourselves. I did not use the fitness centre.

There is no restaurant, but food and drinks are available from the nearby Jameson's pub. Staff will serve you in your room or by the pool. I did not sample them however. The hotel is also surrounded by cheap Thai eateries, so keeping fed is no problem. There are also a Seven Eleven and a FamilyMart within 1 minute of the front door, which is convenient.

And all this for 1500 bahts per night, inclusive, through Agoda.

Overall, I like the hotel. I have stayed there twice and will undoubtedly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

A little gem. Beautifully appointed. Friendly and helpfull staff. For me the best value Hotel in Pattaya.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I stayed at Nova Gold Hotel in the end of July. The hotel is new and the rooms are nice but on the smaller side. The main problem I had with this hotel was the service. The internet rarely worked and it was very slow. It would always take me about 40 minutes just to check email. I was only there for 3 days so it was not that big of a deal. The house keeping always forgot to clean my room and When I asked just for towels I never got them. The front desk would say they are coming, but never got new towels during my entire stay. The breaking point is when I was charged 4 nights instead of 3 nighs. Upon check out I noticed there was a extra nigt being charged on my bill. I obviously asked for a refund on one night since their car service was ready to take me to the airport. The lady manager refused to return the money for the overcharged nights stay?????? I couldn't believe it!!!! She said it has already been charged and no refunds. I ended up leaving with out getting my money back for the overcharged night since I had to catch my flight and there was no more time to argue. I will never stay there agaIt is also a big hassle to get to any nightlife since it is far away from any action. Bad choice.... bad location ... bad service .... bad internet ....

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Seoul, Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Room was nice for the price. They advertise the computer in every room and free internet, but my computer was broken for 2 days. I mentioned it, then asked again, then complained more. Always they said someone would check but it remained broken for 2 days. Staff seems nice, but nothing every really gets done. I liked the location because I know the Pattaya bus routes pretty well, if you dont know your way around, the location may seem a bit remote. If you do know your way around, you will appreciate the nice quite neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Oskarshamn, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

nice hotel, i recommend it alot, computer with free internet on room, lcd tv and a big shower. Allways helpful personal for support 24/7, free ride with car to locations nearby.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

As I checked trip advisor, I was shocked on how many people loved this hotel. Infact, it was rated #4 in Pattaya. As we walked into the hotel we were 5 star service and comfort. We weren't welcomed in, lobby was tiny. We hoped the room wouldn't turn as bad the lobby, but the nightmare continued. Immediatly the kids started coughing because of the smoke scent. And the bathroom smelled putrid - just horrible. Breakfast was in a Beer Pub, Reception barely picked up our calls, couldn't sleep because of the racket outside playing music 24/7. Horrible location not even near the beach it's located in some sort of alley which was disgusting. We were schelduled to 3 nights but we couldn't bare it so we just stayed 1 night and checked as soon as we could. Would NEVER recommed this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Nova Gold Hotel Pattaya? Share your experiences!