“Bace to Windmill” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windmill Resort Hotel

You added Windmill Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Windmill Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   665 Pattaya-Naklua Road Banglamung, Pattaya 20150, Thailand   |
Ranked #68 of 387 Pattaya B&B and Inns
torshavn
“Bace to Windmill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I came to Windmill first time in 2003 and have spent 2-6 weeks there every year since. What I like most about this place is the big swimmingpool. In my first years, with the priveous manager, I was allowed to bring two ladies to party in the pool around the clock. And in 2012 it was still possible to go for a swim alone at night, whish I like. The present mangager may not be as casual as the previous, but she is a very nice smiling lady who sent a basket of fruit to my room and whished me welcome home when she saw I was a returning costumer. The internet conection is not perfect, but who cares, on a holyday we are not suposed to be atached to a machine. The rooms are old, but clean and perfectly functional. There may not be to much power on the shower, but definitely enough to remain clean every day. And I soon became friend with the friendly maids who did a good job. The reception staff was a bit stiff on my last stay (sep.2012). Especially the youngest girl, but also she smiled from time to time. The greatest person in Windmill is beyond any doubth the belly boy, whish always smile and is up for a good talk, and is very helpful, I really hope he will be there on me my next visit to Windmill.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We have just returned home after over 2 weeks at this "resort". First the good bits the daytime pool menu was quite extensive and very good value, the price of food and drinks didn't differ much from outside bars. That is it !!! The rooms were hardly cleaned during the whole stay even though the maid came in daily. The bedding was appalling when there really was no excuse with the amount of cheap laundries everywhere. The reception staff were not helpful in the least and communication with was impossible I asked for a beer one night and was pointed out to a local bar or the shop across the road, considering there was a wide range of international guests staying the common language seemed to be Thai, The photos are a joke we were staying in a superior room and they certainly didn't match anything we had seen.
My wife wanted to take some photos of the sheets and general decor of the room but I just wanted to forget the whole experience and pretend we had never been there. As you can guess by now I won't be recommended this hotel and if you have booked please cancel and find other accommodation, you have to wonder why they have free cancellations now you know.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was my second stay here October 2011. I was booked in a standard room for just under 3 weeks. The Standard rooms are a bit grim but you get what you pay for which does'nt bother me. But on arrival i noticed the pool was out of action. It was for my whole stay. So i managed to get a room upgrade to the deluxe garden rooms. They are a lot better than the standard rooms nice decor and bright. I was very happy with this deal. The staff are friendly and helpful plus they remember me from my last stay. The best rooms are the pool access rooms but are expensive. There are bars and resturants close by on Naklua Road. You can get a taxi (pick up) to walking Street they go past the hotel allday just flag one down. This is a lady friendly hotel so no charge! I will stay here again i enjoyed my time here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Bermingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Strongly unrecommend.
Too small room. No ventilation-fan in the bathroom which is very small.
Good location but the hotel is not new at all and no elevator.
The room pics are better than real ones in my opinion. Room has some kind of smells so I have to buy odorless air-refresher and use my own bed sheets.

Nice bellboy and housemaid but very lousy reception girl.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Cheap, central, clean, friendly staff. Really wanted to give 5 stars particularly with the price to quality thing but I cant. They took our booking knowing the pool was in renovation and would be for a month and we receivid no discount or real sympathy for the inconvenience and when it was 'fixed' it was apparent that the reason it broke in the first place is that it is a chemical pool with no filter so even when it is working, or available, it still is not as good as the pools in other resorts and has bits floating in it.

Room Tip: Ground floor pool facing are the best
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We staying there myn wife and me january 2011 we booked for two weeks but stay only for 2 nights .What a terribele hotel the rooms some one are renovate but small.
The swimming pool old and a few verry old sunbeds.
The brakfast is outstanding nothing the service on the breakfast is outstanding nothing
So if you want ceap and no care than is yoy place this hotel rate 2star.I will nevver go tehr again.

Room Tip: dont stay there if you want ask room first floor renovated.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed for 20 nights in february 2011. They did me a deal because of my long stay, i got a standard room for 600 baht a night instead of the 750 baht charge. The room was fine, plenty of space double bed, sat tv, fridge, aircon which worked great really kept the room cool except when the cleaners turned it off, but is was remote control so u dont have to get out of bed. The bathroom was fine but the shower was not very powerful and it never had hot water at night, i think everbody use the hot water before going out early evening. You also get 2 free bottles of water a day to put in your fridge. I think i was the only english person in the hotel the majority were russian and german and they took all the sunbeds everyday around the pool, so i never used it. But i never got out of bed till the afternoon anyway the cleaners woke me up the first few days then they got used to me and didnt bother again. The walls are thin you can hear the other rooms and the corridor when people come back late at night. This is a lady friendly hotel they do not charge a joiner fee! The staff are very friendly and helpful. I can say i will be staying here again and i recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Windmill Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!