“Mexico is far away, but not the taste...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Miami, Florida
“Mexico is far away, but not the taste...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have visited Mike's through the years since 2008. His shop use to be directly on the main road going to Jomtien, but now is 50meters inward off the road.

Very good considering Pattaya is a distance from the U.S. and the supply chain. On one occasion, they completely got my order wrong. No problem. For 150 baht ($5) the chips and salsa is very tasty, but a very small portion. Maybe this is with the fresh made every day. I agree, the Hungry Hombre is a two part meal. All of this for like $12 or $13. Not bad for "2 meals". There is another Mexican restaurant in the area named "Sunrise Tacos". Has a full salsa bar with about 10 different salsas. Either place on a Pattaya evening is a way to go for some Tex-Mex.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Nong Prue, Thailand
“Beyond compare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Do not compare this place to any where in the states, in the states they dont have to import the needed stuff. Mikes is as good as it get in Pattaya for Mexican. I am sitting in Mikes as I write this, of course I have had tow Cadelac Margaretias and am starting my third. What a place. Love the food and service. This is a great place and I have taken friends here who have loved it. Try it it is fun and enjouable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pattaya Thailand
“Just ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I get the impression that many people that have wriiten reviews with glowing reports for Mike's don't really know what good Tex Mex or Mexican food should be.

Portion are on the small side and priced slightly high for what you get. Taste is acceptable but not great. Choices of salsa are very limited. They use a lot of filler cabbage in the burritos.

It is a nice place place but the food is only just acceptable and could be better. I have been there many times because there weren't many other choices for Tex Mex. Now there are better alternatives and I no longer eat at Mike's.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok
“Chicken Fajitas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We go there for the Chicken Fajitas which are superb, fresh and delicious. (pass on the beef fajitas the beef can be really chewy) We have tried chicken Fajitas in Sunrise and Tequila reef and they are not even close to Mikes.
Unfortunately at Mikes they serve every dish with the same sides, no choice given. you get the Mexican beans and some rice on every dish. "The lone star grill" gives you a great selection of sides and you can choose 2 or 3 with every dish, which makes the dishes more interesting. If Mike did this I think it would LIFT the restaurant to a higher level. The service at Mikes is another thing that has never been good. but its still worth going! Its also open for lunch. The frozen margaritas are pretty good too!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Tex mex food but service was really bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I got ther at a lunch hour. I must say the food was good quality but not real Mexican as we have in the USA or in Mexico.

Now about the service. I was kind of thrown a menu and then ignored. Four ladies working two were sleeping with their heads on a table and the other two were much more interested in their cell phones. Finally after I spoke up the waitress came over and took my order. A mixed drink, Margarrita and tocos. Again quality was good.

After having to get up to get any attention I got the waitress to order me another margarita.
After 15 minutes I got up again and saw that now my waitress was asleep.

I asked about my drink and they acted angry. Ten minutes later still no drink.
I complained and finally it showed up.

Is anyone managing this place? Maybe the nastiest, rude service I have ever had.

I will never return. I had high hopes for Mikes but was very let down.

• Visited August 2013