“Hotel fine ....Staff terrible.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Pattaya

You added Grand Hotel Pattaya to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Pattaya
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   103 Moo 10, Soi 14, Beach Road, South Pattaya, Pattaya 20260 , Thailand   |
Ranked #117 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
Paisley
“Hotel fine ....Staff terrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed here for 9 nights (6 with my friend last 3 myself).Hotel itself is actually nice and in a great location just walking street in one of the many small alleys.Rooms are nice,beds are yet again single and small which Is a bit of a disappointment ,but the price for the hotel was round about £30 per night(between us)so very happy with that.Breakfast was free but not worth getting up for tbh.

Now on to the staff.They are just not friendly at all.Main problem was the morning I was checking out.I had slept in(demon drink).Was to check out at 12,woke up with them ringing the room at 12.01(no joke)12.03 door gets banged open the door member of staff marches in and starts packing my rucksack and tells me to hurry up,cleaners appear couple of mins later and march in start to clean and pull faces and talk about me in thai.Ok I slept in but they could have gave me 20-30 mins to pack up.Ended up forgetting things and leaving them behind because they were hassling me so much.

Basically the hotel is good and a great location but the staff are to be found wanting.Also the music is very loud from walking street till 4/5am so would bring earplugs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Had 2 day stay at this hotel. Had booked this hotel only by looking at the feedbacks at Trip Advisor site.
Good points:
- good hotel to stay, if you want to be close to walking street
- I took room no 905 and 907. This was based on inputs at Trip advisor
- Hotel is close to all eateries and other facilities you are looking for. Pattaya beach is at 5 minutes walk

Points worth noting:
1. Pl ensure, you book for deluxe room or higher. Ask for higher floor room. I had sea view.
2. At the time of check in, hotel asks for deposit for giving you the keys, even if you have made all payment. In case, you don't give deposit, they will keep your passport as security. I preferred to give 2000 Baht as deposit for my 2 rooms
3. I experienced power cut. Make arrangements for such emergencies

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor. It may be very noisy at lower floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Linz, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here for just over two weeks at the end of April. I liked staying here because it was so close to the beach. Honestly, I really did like it. The cleaning ladies were really nice and I tipped them 680 Baht for that.
The rooftop terrace was very nice (plants/flowers/trees in tubs), and as nobody else used it, was very nice indeed.
The wifi was good if you reconnected to Hotel 1-7, because it connects you to a slower one in the evenings: 1-77

Then again...
You can park your rented bike in the garage next door, but the guys move it out onto the street at weekends so they can earn more from the locals.
The reception staff don't speak English well at all, but they are friendly.
The noise/music from Walking Street carries on until 4:00 in the morning, but I expected that, which is why I took earplugs.
The lifts broke down for three days after an explosion at a supply pole in the street. As I was staying on the 6th floor, it was strenuous.
The water pressure was great for the first three days in the shower, but dropped off to very little for the rest of my stay.
The sink only supplies lukewarm water, as it only has one tap.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was traveling solo. I stayed there for 4 nights in April-2014. It was great. I had sea view room on 8th Floor. Nice view from balcony. You can enjoying few drinks with view. Its right in the center of party place - walking street so if like quite time dont book lower level rooms. I dont mind noise as I have very sound sleep. Great place if you traveling solo and like to party.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Yes it s off walking street so what did I expect ?? Live music 20 mtrs away till 6 (SIX) in the morning.?? Then around 7 the bin men followed shortly after by the sound of bottles being chucked into a bin for what seemed like ages. Bad ?? It gets worse !!! At 8 o clock the hammering and drilling began.When I commented to the only member of staff one morning I was ignored and he went back to his PC screen .I approached another member of staff to commenthe hammering,he said "construction" for a year now.I about tand asked him if I could talk to the manager, you guessed it ..he pointed to the guy on the PC. I wanted to ask why when I booked there was no mention of ongoing construction. I left the hotel and booked in elsewhere. The room was typical budget hotel except the bathroom mildew and the A/C was inneffective and noisy

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Clean, Spacious, Friendly Staff.
Very reasonable price for the 4 days we stayed. You cannot ask for better location. It is not super luxury but very clean and staff understand english enough to be very helpful. I have read the reviews here about the hotel and I can say it is really a single mans hotel. The breakfast i found plentiful, the waitress and waiter were extra extra helpful. The concierge were assistive and helpful. Internet is free and works in room and in lobby (different passwords for both). The only downside is the drainage in shower. it floods the bathroom and took a while to disappear.
There is safety deposit box in room and at reception. I felt 100% safe in this hotel with my belongings and the maids were always visible and I left small items out as a test and nothing went missing. Music plays until 5 a.m. in walking street, but it is very mute and i quite enjoyed it. I will stay here again as it is so close to everything.

Room Tip: Ocean view if you like to see pattaya from above. Shower taps do give ample hot water, just an art...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

A hotel at the beginning of walking street. Near to action but yet able to enjoy some peace at night. Was staying at the 9th floor. Room roof was leaking air con water. Immediately given a replacement room. Free WIFI and coverage was decent. Limited choices for breakfast but it was adequate. Very friendly staff. I feel safe in the hotel. Overall a delighted and satisfying 2 nights at the hotel. Will definitely recommend the hotel to my friends and will return with my friends soon!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Hotel Pattaya? Share your experiences!