“Nice Hotel...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Pattaya

You added Grand Hotel Pattaya to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Pattaya
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   103 Moo 10, Soi 14, Beach Road, South Pattaya, Pattaya 20260 , Thailand   |
Ranked #121 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice Hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was traveling solo. I stayed there for 4 nights in April-2014. It was great. I had sea view room on 8th Floor. Nice view from balcony. You can enjoying few drinks with view. Its right in the center of party place - walking street so if like quite time dont book lower level rooms. I dont mind noise as I have very sound sleep. Great place if you traveling solo and like to party.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Yes it s off walking street so what did I expect ?? Live music 20 mtrs away till 6 (SIX) in the morning.?? Then around 7 the bin men followed shortly after by the sound of bottles being chucked into a bin for what seemed like ages. Bad ?? It gets worse !!! At 8 o clock the hammering and drilling began.When I commented to the only member of staff one morning I was ignored and he went back to his PC screen .I approached another member of staff to commenthe hammering,he said "construction" for a year now.I about tand asked him if I could talk to the manager, you guessed it ..he pointed to the guy on the PC. I wanted to ask why when I booked there was no mention of ongoing construction. I left the hotel and booked in elsewhere. The room was typical budget hotel except the bathroom mildew and the A/C was inneffective and noisy

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Clean, Spacious, Friendly Staff.
Very reasonable price for the 4 days we stayed. You cannot ask for better location. It is not super luxury but very clean and staff understand english enough to be very helpful. I have read the reviews here about the hotel and I can say it is really a single mans hotel. The breakfast i found plentiful, the waitress and waiter were extra extra helpful. The concierge were assistive and helpful. Internet is free and works in room and in lobby (different passwords for both). The only downside is the drainage in shower. it floods the bathroom and took a while to disappear.
There is safety deposit box in room and at reception. I felt 100% safe in this hotel with my belongings and the maids were always visible and I left small items out as a test and nothing went missing. Music plays until 5 a.m. in walking street, but it is very mute and i quite enjoyed it. I will stay here again as it is so close to everything.

Room Tip: Ocean view if you like to see pattaya from above. Shower taps do give ample hot water, just an art...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

A hotel at the beginning of walking street. Near to action but yet able to enjoy some peace at night. Was staying at the 9th floor. Room roof was leaking air con water. Immediately given a replacement room. Free WIFI and coverage was decent. Limited choices for breakfast but it was adequate. Very friendly staff. I feel safe in the hotel. Overall a delighted and satisfying 2 nights at the hotel. Will definitely recommend the hotel to my friends and will return with my friends soon!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

If only the employees of the hotel can gear up adequately, this hotel could be a real star! Here's my review:

Reservation - Easily done through Wide Discovery. Got an immediate confirmation.

Confirmation - Wrote to the hotel 3 times for a confirmation to their email id published on their website. Go no answers.

Location - As good as it gets. On Walking Street

Check-in - An absolute disaster. Booked double rooms and got twins. When pointed this out, I was told `Now you listen to me...this is what we have got'!!!! Paid up THB500 as key deposit which was not mentioned to me during the reservation. The staff of this hotel is downright rude and unhelpful.

Shown to the room - Was led to a room which was made up to accommodate an arriving guest. But after closing the door behind me, found many belongings and a bag belonging to someone else. When I contacted the front desk, I was told that they have checked me into an occupied room and offered another room immediately. Totally unimpressive.

Room - The only good thing about the hotel. Good size, good linen and amenities. They even had a `French Letter' as a part of their minibar offerings. Clearly they are not kid friendly.

Breakfast - OK. Didnt write home about it.

Check out - As rude. No checking satisfaction. I gave them the room key and my deposit was flung across the counter. They told me that the customer of the occupied room which I was first given had complained about missing things and charged me with having taken them. They even mentioned that they had seen it on their CCTV. When I dismissed this and challenged them to call the police for verification, they beat a hasty retreat and said `Ok...No problem. A bunch of thugs, they were!

On the whole a good product let down by some rude and inefficiency staff. Will I stay here again???? You must be joking......................

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Porbandar, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel was centrally located near all the happening area and the beach road. I got sea-view room. The view from the room balcony was excellent. The reception staff was also helpful and housekeeping staff also clears rooms on the time. Must Stay Here !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We were looking for a hotel near the Walking Street. Found this one online. Great location, you walk out the front door and you are on the Walking street. Only issues I had were that my friend and I reserved two King bed rooms and when we arrived they said they only had one available. They put me in a double room first night ( hardest beds ever!!). After complaining in the morning they put me in a King bed facing the Walking street. The room was incredible, marble floors and recently updated. Make sure you request the eighth floor even room numbers. These rooms have the best view and were all recently renovated. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Seems to be geared towards Indian customers but everyone working was really nice and helpful to everyone.

Room Tip: Choose eighth floor even number rooms ( best views of Pattaya sign and recently upgraded)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Hotel Pattaya? Share your experiences!