“Fresh? Only out of the tanks!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #216 of 618 Restaurants in Pattaya
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Var
“Fresh? Only out of the tanks!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

One of the only times I have been sick of food in Thailand! My friend had mussels, I got rock lobster. Both of us were sick that night.

Preperation, was nothing to write home about, service was not particular friendly. When I had my plate, I should have send it back. It allready not tasted "fresh".

This place, has nothing. No athmosophere, no good service, no location. I know thai food, and recommend much better places like Mam Arun for seafood, or a fantastic, simple place by the ocean, 20 minutes South of Pattaya. Will do a review on that, when I find the name of the place!

• Indonesian first
Kiev, Ukraine
1,344 helpful votes 1,344 helpful votes
“Our Pattaya favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

It very much depends what you're looking for: interiour, sea view... or good food.

We partly live in Pattaya and therefore have tried many different restaurants in Pattaya, Jomtien etc. But finally, for good food, we always return to Marine Seafood (in the middle of Walking Street you turn left - away from the sea - through a walkway and you'll have Marine Seafood on your right). Please don't expect any interiour or comfort, just fresh and tasty food. Tables and chairs are of plastic, the restaurant is just located under a assembly style metal roof.

But unlike the sea frond restaurants like "King" or "Lobster" the quality of food is high (tell them if you don't want your prawns over-barbequed because many people like it) and the selection is wide. Most of the fish, river prawns and clams you can directly select from the water tanks. Freshness at its best!

The Tom Yam Gung is fantastic, also the "special seafood in coconut" and the fish in lime souce wich is served over open fire. I also can very much recommend the steamed clams which are served with a chilli dip.

If you take fish, prawns, soup, clams and rice you will hardly pay more than 750 Baht (approx. € 15.00) for 2 persons (drinks excluded since we only drink water and coke).

You can round up your dinner with a shisha and a tea with mint leaves at the nearby shisha place in the same street. It's a perfect place to watch the crowd and to relax.

Again, please don't expect high class or whatsoever, just pure and tasty thai seafood. I often eat at expensive Michelin star rated restaurants, but I love Marine Seafood when in Pattaya. It's real food, not the - compared with European standards - low quality shishi-shasha food at Bruno, Mata Hari, Manhattan, Gian's etc.