“BEAUTIFUL RING BUT DIAMOND FALLEN OUT!” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 6 Museums in Pattaya
More attraction details
Owner description: Gems Gallery Pattaya is an affiliate to the GEMS GALLERY Group of companies, one of the top local jeweler with expertise in the jewelry industry since 1987.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“BEAUTIFUL RING BUT DIAMOND FALLEN OUT!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I visited the Gem Factory with my husband and 2 daughters in August 2011. Our 23rd anniversary was coming up so my husband bought me a beautiful pink sapphire and diamond ring (costing 29000 Baht - just over £600). The staff couldn't have been more helpful and there was no pressure to purchase. The ring was too big so it was resized whilst we waited. We then had complimentary drinks and I was absoluted delighted with my new ring. I have worn it on several occasions since returning home but noticed 2 weeks ago that one of the diamonds had fallen out. I had to contact the company 4 times before they replied to my emails. They have asked me to return the ring (by returning to Thailand and not via the postal service!) or they would send a replacement diamond. I have asked for a replacement and received a quote of between £30 and £40 to repair the ring. As yet I am still awaiting the stone. I am SO disappointed as it is a beautiful ring but is unwearable until it has been repaired. I have several diamond rings which have been worn for many many years and never had a diamond fall out of any of them. If I lived closer I would return the ring and ask for a full refund. At the present time I would advise potential customers to be think twice about purchasing anything so expensive from the Gems Factory. Should I receive the diamond and reimbursement for repairing the ring I am happy to update this review.

Visited August 2011

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 attraction reviews
“The Real Tour Leader”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I took a tour to Pattaya with my family. The tour was managed by World Travel Service, Ltd - Bangkok. After on-time departure from Bangkok, we arrived in north Pattaya and had a boat trip to the island in Pattaya area. We enjoyed so much the tour.

Unfortunately, I fell in the toilet in that island at that time. I was injured. What I wondered most was Mr 'Ken' S Mongkol, the tour leader of this trip. He took care of me not only in that trip but also the day after the trip. He voluntarily accompanied me when I had to see the doctor at BNH Hospital Bangkok. He also helped me to process the insurance provided by WTS. In this letter I would like to express my gratitude to Mr Ken and WTS - Bangkok for their great service.

Should you need a good licensed tourist guide, I do recommend you to contact him mongkol28@hotmail.com - He is the real tour leader

Mr Ken Mongkol, you are the best tour leader I've ever met. Thailand must be proud of you...! Thank you.

Visited August 2011
Hyderabad, India
5 attraction reviews
“An enriching experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

A visit to this museum is a must do in your travel iteniery,the gems and jewellery on display is amazing,the stuff is very reasonable as it i tax free,dont forget to ask for some ruby jewellery there.

Visited May 2011
Manali, India
56 attraction reviews
“great experiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

I totally agree to the previous reviews. They have huge collection of gold, gems and pearls jewellery's. You can not escape without buying as the designs available are exclusive. Guided mini train tour was also very good and only one its kind, I enjoyed it.

London
“Great Customer Service and Jewellery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My Partner and i visited in June 2009 and were picked up from our hotel. As others have said, we went through the history of mining gems on a toy train which we felt was quite novel and added to the whole experience. We too were ushered to the shop where there was a beautiful array of jewellery and obviously, (quite naturally) i found myself at the diamond rings.

Unique designs at reasonable prices was what was on offer and all beautifully sparkling. totally irrisistable. We didnt go to Thailand to buy an engagement ring but the possibility looked more probable as we viewed these rings.

We did manage to leave the shop without a purchase but the prospect of owing one of those magnificent rigs hauted me for a full 24hrs. it didnt help much when our salesperson contactd us at the hotel to ask us what our decision was.

My other half and I chewed over the facts and decided it was something we wanted to do. we would indeed purchase our rings. we managed to go to another Gem factory based in Pattaya to make a comparison. But unfortunately they were unable to meet our requirements.

Our initial budget in the UK was £6000 and we found a beautiful ring with the most clear diamonds for a fraction of the cost. Today i am sporting a stunning high quality diamond ring which continually sparkles in the hint of any lighting.

For us it was well worth the visit, an opportunity to barter hard (They need the money, it low season) and acquire an lifetime item of quality.