“Best hotel to stay in Pattaya” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel

You added Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   489 Soi 6/1, North Pattaya, Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya 20260, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Hot Deal 30% Off
Ranked #51 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
New Delhi, India
“Best hotel to stay in Pattaya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel should work on having tasty Indian cuisine. The services are appreciable and the location is tremendous. More Indian TV channels should be telecasted in the guests room. There should be a complimentary drink offered to every guest checking in.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Grindelwald, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

we booked this hotel for 4 nights and then we stayed 7 nights!
it was a really good stay, friendly staff, very good breakfast, perfect room with a big balcony.
the hotel is located near the beach.
for our sence, there where a little bit to many russians but i think they are all over thailand.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel after seeing the excellent reviews and amazing pictures, and I can honestly say it lived up to everything promised.

Upon arrival we were upgraded to the suite in the Chic Tower, both the room and the view were amazing. I couldn't have been any more happier.

The reception staff are helpful, friendly and efficient, and the housekeeper made our rooms up everyday - always greeting us with a big smile and the warmest "Sawadee krap". You got the feeling the staff were always happy to see you, really warm and welcoming.

Breakfast was spot on. There were so many choices, more choices than I had space on my plate, so obviously I had to go back for seconds. On my birthday, the hotel even presented me with a birthday cake at breakfast, which I thought was a really lovely, thoughtful gesture, it definitely made my day.

The pool by the Chic Tower was nice & quiet. I suspected most of the hotel guests gathered at the D Beach pool because there was never more than 4 or 5 other people by the Chic Tower pool at a time, which to be honest was fine with us. I'd be remiss however, if I didn't mention the building work taking place on the buildings opposite, which did get quite noisy, but nothing your iPod couldn't drown out, and besides - that's not exactly the hotels fault, so I will hardly mark them down on that.

I could go on, but I'd be here all day, so to sum it up - I'd give this hotel & it's staff a solid 10/10.

• Stayed March 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I And my family stayed in this hotel. The first day , I accidentally kick the pop up electric plug on the middle of reception floor. I didn't know why it was there. My blood was all over my flip flop shoe and over on the floor. My kids cried when they saw mommy got hurt and bleeding couldn't stop. This injure ruined my family holiday cos I couldn't walk .All the hotel staff or even manager did was say sorry. I will never ever go back there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The overall hotel was nice, Rooms cleaned daily, Lovely large pool area, Staff are friendly. BUT the guests are so so ignorant no one will speak to you unless you are russian this was the only down side of this hotel, Sitting at the pool you feel awkward and all the small groups surrounding you.
Breakfast was nice a large selection. We were upgraded to a sea view in the chic tower and would recommend. Huge Beds large rooms nice clean shower area.
Overall i would return, Would give 10/10 if not for rude guests.

Room Tip: chic tower a must
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We spend a week at the Discovery Beach Hotel and were pleasantly surprised at the service and location. The hotel has 2 towers with the Chic Tower behind the main tower block. The Chic Tower is new and is very upmarket with a large pool that has partly been built under the tower. The original tower where we stayed is still good and closer to the beach with better views of Pattaya. We did not swim in the resort pool very much as the beach was very clean and the water was such a great temperature. You can hire an umbrella and chairs for 50BHT on the beach and there is a never ending supply of food from vendors. The fruit on the beach is famous and only 30BHT or about a $1. Drinks and ice creams are also readily available.

Our room was big and comfortable and serviced daily. The bathroom was also very clean and had a separate bath and shower. The king sized bed was comfortable and the TV had good reception although there were limited stations with English language programs.

Breakfast was good and there was plenty to choose from. There was the usual egg station and plenty of fresh fruit to choose from. We would be happy to recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view of the beach however the rooms on the northern side have a better view of Pat...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Maldon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. The hotel has a great location right on the beach. A lovely pool, beautiful sea views from the rooms and very friendly staff. The Breakfast buffet is excellent with lots of choice. Excellent wifi all over the hotel and in the room.
Downside was that our room was in the old building and was showing signs of ware and tare especially the bathroom and the flooring so needs to be refurbished. However the room was large with a huge comfortable double bed and the sea view was great so this did not in anyway spoil out stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms if you are fussy about a little ware and tare.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!