“Great hotel for the budget conscious tourist” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pattaya Bay Resort

You added Pattaya Bay Resort to your Saves list
Pattaya Bay Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   236 / 21 Moo 10, Soi 15 & 2nd Rd. | Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi, Pattaya 20260, Thailand   |
Ranked #40 of 377 Hotels in Pattaya
Adelaide, Australia
“Great hotel for the budget conscious tourist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

An easy 10 minute stroll from Pattaya beach and Walking Street. Very clean and tidy rooms. The restaurant on the top floor is a good place for a range of local and international meals at good prices. Enjoyed a tiger beer by the pool on a number of occasions. The wifi internet can be a problem if your room is located to the rear because the access point is fixed to the reception end of the building on each floor. Hotel security is very good. 1000 Baht a night is quite cheap for so many good features.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was staying in Pattaya Bay Resort for the 4th time..............First of all i like the Location of the Hotel.it's in Soi Buakhaow 15(Behind the Avenue Mall and next to Mercure Hotel)...it is a quiet location(which i like the most) and is very close to 2nd Road and Soi Buakhaow.....
Besides that the Staff is very friendly...all the girls in the reception are great!!!!and the Manager Naa is also wonderful....
The rooms are very nice and especially in Low Season the price is really good!!!for a nice room with air-con,safe box,fridge,swimming pool,gym,wi fi internet,tv 999 Baht is a very-very good price....
I recommend it with all my heart....

i hope i see you again soon all!!!

LAKIS

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Pattaya, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

From the roof top pool to the ground level, this hotel is an exceptional value. For around 1000 Thai Baht, the room was very clean and comfortable. Included in the price, they offer you a cook per order breakfast including juice and coffee/Tea, The price goes up to around a reasonable 1400 baht in the high season. Still an exceptional value.

If you looking for a peaceful nights sleep and quiet surroundings, this is the place to stay. Not far from everything, a 10 to 15 minute walk to the beach. As for the staff, they are warm and friendly, they will answer many questions that you may have. Will I return? Yes, without a second thought.

Room Tip: The standard room is great for 1 or 2 individuals. Price is up to 2 people.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed at the PBR for the first time early July for 8 nights.

Having stayed in various hotels in Pattaya over the past 15 years, I think this will become my regular. The location is fairly quiet but only a 5 minute walk to 2nd road. Hotel staff provide free transport around town upon request, which I used on several occasions during my stay.

Room was clean and well presented, laundry sent out by 10am was returned same day and was inexpensive. Restaurant food was of good quality and prices resonable.

Only downside is the size of the swimming pool area. July is low season, but on some days it was difficult to find a lounge to relax on.

Overall, a good hotel that provides excellent value for money.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I am a frequent traveller through work and pleasure and I feel compelled to write my very first review regarding this 'hotel'.

As with many other people, I planned my recent holiday a number of months ago and chose the Pattaya Bay Resort (PBR) predominantly for 2 reasons, a) because of the good reviews on this site and b) because the manager (Boem) was very quick in answering enquiries and made me valued. Indeed in her last e-mail to me, I mentioned the poor reviews re PBR that have appeared this year and she advised me not to worry and that the PBR staff 'would look after me', well how wrong that was!

I should have realised things were going wrong, when the hotel car picked me up from my hotel in Bangkok. On the drive down to Pattaya, I asked the driver if he could turn the radio on, as it is not a quick trip. I was gruffly told in basic english, that he was listening to Thai radio on his headset and that he would not turn the radio on. Thanks a lot!! Who is the paying customer here anyway? I put this aside.

When I arrived at PBR, I was expecting the infamous welcome from the staff. What a joke!! The recepition staff were verging on ignorant. There were 3 ladies there, one was brushing her hair and another doing her make-up and they totally blanked me. The lady that did check me in, just gave a basic greeting with absolutely no niceities (such as hello , welcome,etc). Anyway again not to worry I thought, I am on holiday, do not let this spoil things.

Later in the day, I was in reception using the Internet and I thought a member of the Thai royal family had checked in. The same 3 girls, virtually swooned over an elderly man, with comments such as 'Mr Butterfly so good to see you again', 'How many ladies you have this time'. This guy was obviously a returning guest, and it transpired was staying just 2 days. I was there for two weeks, Nice to feel welcomed.

The security staff at the PBR also deserve a mention as they are surly and rude. They glare at returning customers and no greeting is ever offered. They remind you of bouncers at a nightclub. This is unusual, as all other hotels I have stayed at in Thailand, the security are welcoming and polite.

The final straw happened on my first night there, I was woken up at 4.30am by an almighty bang, from above me. I was woken again about 3 times by similar noise. The last being just after 6am. I was on the 7th floor, so there were no rooms above me. I went upstairs and there were 5/6 staff cleaning the restaurant and preparing for breakast. Great! So much for a lie in and a relaxing time. I went down to reception and complained about the noise and was told 'why did you not call security'. So much for owning the issue. Anyway, I was told that the 'boss' would call me between 10-11am. Needless to say, that didnt happen and I went down to reception again at 1pm and met the 'boss' and was told that the 4.30am noise could not have been the cleaning staff, it might have been a car backfiring. What a joke! It was then that I decided, enough was enough. I then spent the next few hours finding a new hotel. And I was made to feel more welcome in 2 minutes by the staff at the Areca Lodge than I was at the PBR

To demonstrate the apalling customer service at this hotel, I gave the hotel staff 24 hours notice that I was going to leave. No questions were asked as to why I was cutting my stay short or to attempt me to change my mind. Also, Boem (the Manager), never made any attempt to contact me or meet me, despite all of the previous emails we had exchanged. When I advised her in an email that I was leaving,the reply received simply was have a good holiday.

I have extensive experience of hotels both through personal and business and this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I work myself in customer service, so know what clients expectations are. I did not expect 5 star service but simply common decency and courtesy and to feel valued and welcomed. I was made to feel unwelcome and isolated. The PBR bangs on about how many guests return, well this is one guest that would not return if you paid me!

It is obvious that the bad reviews that have appeared on here this year are not isolated incidents, as I was assured they were. One recent reviewer mentioned that if you have no standards you would like this hotel and I could not agree more.

This hotel caters for a certain type of traveller. I am sure the returning 'clique' are made to feel welcomed and looked after,but I feel that unless you are one of those you are not welcomed. I saw this with my own eyes!

If I could rate the PBR worst than terrible I would!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

As always PBR is excellent price is not bad and pool is good or an hour or so. the location is brilliant between soi bukhow and 2nd road. Staff are friendly but may gossip a bit. Lobby pcs are slow but this may be to do with wifi. I recommend i hotel esecially as cleaning and laundry ar fantastic. Hotel is also very guest friendly with excellen security.

• Stayed June 2011
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

My requirements for a hotel are a clean and comfortable room, friendly staff and close to where I want to be. The Pattaya Bay Resort exceeded my expectations. The low season rate was great value for this fairly new property. The standard room was spotlessly clean, with a comfortable bed, and was cleaned daily. The breakfast, which was included in the room rate, was very good - and served by friendly staff. The hotel is just behind The Avenue shopping mall on Pattaya 2nd Road, so it's close to everything, but was very quiet, which I really liked. The rooftop pool area was great for relaxing.

This was the best of the hotels I've stayed at in Pattaya in 10 years of visiting, and would absolutely recommend it. I will certainly be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Pattaya Bay Resort? Share your experiences!