“ONE OF THE BEST PLACE WE'VE EVER STAYED” 5 of 5 stars

Promtsuk Buri
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   146 / 56 Moo 4 | Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
Ranked #11 of 242 Ko Samui B&B and Inns
emilia romagna
“ONE OF THE BEST PLACE WE'VE EVER STAYED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We were there february 2011, but really forget to write a review until now, but they really deserve it...Simply perfect, the bungalow was big, clean, and the open air shower was amazing.....the delicious breakfast was served on the beach restaurant, we had tasty banana pancakes, porridge or cereals with fruits and cashews, toasted bread, fresh fruit....everything was really good...the bay itself is amazing and scenic, the water is mostly clear and calm, we rented also the motorbike with them at a very good price, because this place is between Lamai and Chaweng, so unless you always take a songthaews, you need a motorbike to move from there and go to eat for dinner..but this it's actually also one of the reasons it's so good, because it's not overcrowded because it's not in the middle of the confusion of Lamai or Chaweng...the guys that own the Promtsuk were also very nice, so we really can't nothing else than raccomend it to everybody!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 10 nights in January 2012. We booked after seeing all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. We arrived early approx 10am but the staff had our room ready by 11am which we didnt expect. Bungalows are fab with free wifi, an outdoor shower and outdoor seating area. Very clean with fridge and almost silent air conditioning. Gardens are lush and spotless. And as for the beach - it was only meters away from our accommodation and was clean, sandy, safe and totally uncrowded. It is shared amongst just 4 hotels.
Staff are very friendly and obliging and food at the beach bar was good.
I can totally recommend this for anybody just looking to get away from it all. The only thing it doesnt have is a pool. However with the beach on your doorstep, it doesnt need a pool.
Only downside is that the beach bar closes at 5pm so you need to go elsewhere for dinner. The Ban Lamai Restaurant (1 minute walk towards Lamai) is excellent for traditional Thai dishes.
Would definitely recommend and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a sea view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

In July, my wife our 2-year old son and a friend stayed at this resort. We had two beautiful garden bungalows, with great open roof shower and terrace the beach was seconds away and suitable for children. Resort is family runed, they are all very helpful (we have rented our car trough then and also purchased catamaran tickets to Phangan). Breakfast was always fresh as for dinner you have two or three resort nearby with good and reasonable priced food. If you have a car a huge supermarket (with everything for babies) is minutes away. All in all this is a peaceful and quiet resort with shallow water (due to July tidal situation) with great location to explore all Samui.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for a week to unwind from a business trip in Asia. I've couldn't have wished for a better place than this gem of a resort. the staff is really friendly, always open for a chat, a helping hand and a friendly smile. I enjoyed they that was served at the beach. Lunch and drinks were also fantastic, especially the smoothies. cabins are in perfect condition; clean, modern and well equipped with fridge, tv, save and the superb outdoor shower.

Although Samui is not the kind of place I will visit more often, Promtsuk Buri is certainly on my list to return to if I need to unwind from a business trip to Asia.

• Stayed October 2011
Bergamo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I’m very satisfied about Promtsuk Buri in Koh Samui, the hotel was perfect for me and my wife.
The hotel is very quiet and the position is fantastic: peace and nature are the rules.
But you are very near to Chaweng and Lamai, so if you want to visit pubs, restaurants, shops,…in 10 minutes by motorbike you can.
The bungalow was very nice and very clean, it is very appreciable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
KL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My BFF and I were on a girly sun, sand and sea holiday and chose this hotel because of its quiet, beautiful beach. The staff were friendly and helpful, and it feels like a family-run type of place. The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable, and the landscaping around the hotel grounds was just so pretty. It may not feel like high end resort, but you certainly feel 'at home'.

The LIKES:
- The beach. Crystal clear waters and white sand. Quiet and peaceful. Only 4 small hotels share this beach.
- The hammock. Great place to stare at the stars at night.
- The beach-side restaurant. Very good breakfast. Amazing seafood glass noodle salad. Lovely fruit shakes.
- Great people.
- Convenient car rental. Just tell reception and they'll organise it for you..

The GRIPES:
- No hot water kettle and tea/coffee facility in the room.
- No complimentary mini toiletries, so if you forget to bring your own or do not normally do so, tough. Water is not complimentary according to the price list for the room mini bar, but they didn't charge us for the water we took anyway. I don't know if it was an oversight (we took only 2 bottles on the first day, and bought our own water from elsewhere for the next few days).
- The restaurant closes at 5pm. So you'll have to go to the hotel next door or walk a few minutes down the road (towards Lamai) to Baan Lamai for dinner.

But all in all, we loved it and will definitely stay here if we visit Samui again.

Room Tip: Room 17 is good for mini deluxe seaview. But if you want something nicer with your deck facing the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I Wanted to treat my parents on a lovely holiday in Thailand. Personally I visited different areas in Thailand a few times in the past and find it magical.

Through browsing on “ trip advisor” I came across “Promtsuk Buri” And the reviews were wonderful! Through reservations officer Kannika Ms. at kohsamui.com That advertise the Hotel and many many others in Koh samui I booked the Garden Court Bungalow and the Beach Front Bungalow. Everything went smoothly and our credit card was charged the amount of 30.100THB ( 700 euros). Excitement was high and we were all counting the days to our vacation time on February 2011!

Unfortunately, approximately 1.5 months before we were supposed to go, my father experience a small heart attack and was advised not to travel in the next six months. It was a hassle however I succeeded to cancel all flights and different hotels accept “Promtsuk Buri”.

They didn't respond to any of my e-mails, I also tried to contact the hotel directly by phone and was promised several times to get an answer to my cancellation request in the following 48 hours. That never happened. Up-to-date I haven’t got a reaction or financial refund.

- my first advice to my fellow traveler’s - never book a hotel directly through their own website - but use the service of other booking websites services, where you can cancel your reservation at any time by a push of a button.

Secondly, our family holiday will go forward upcoming February and I’m hoping to get the hotel reaction by writing this review.. Because in any other way.. it didn’t happen !

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Promtsuk Buri? Share your experiences!