The first impression of this property is "WOW!" When you pull in to the check-in/arrival area you are met with an impressive, stunning, awe-inspiring (chose your adjective) view of the Gulf of Thailand, the resort and the beaches. You will completely forget the world that you left before coming to Koh Samui. The arrival area sits perched at the top of the resort complex, probably a good 200 feet above sea level and offers a great overview of the entire resort area.
Check-in was quick and efficient. The General Manager for the property happened to be there at check-in and was kind enough to introduce herself. She definitely has one of the best jobs in the world if this is what she gets to see every day!
After that, I was whisked down to my villa in the buggy. You pretty much have to take a buggy to get anywhere in this resort (unless you are a mountain goat) and sometimes the inclines are pretty incredible. My sister liked sitting on the back, rear-facing seat on the buggy as to her it felt like a "roller-coaster" ride (haha...kids! :-)
First impression of the villa was "AWEEEEESOOOOME". Private infinity plunge pool, massive walk-in bathroom and shower area and a pretty decent looking bed. As I had arrived somewhat early (about 10-10:30am), they had a small continental breakfast for me set up in my room. Excellent!
Room was clean, well appointed (exactly what you would expect from a Four Seasons) and with the view from the day-bed, it doesn't get much better than this.
Food wise, the resorts food is pretty decent. Breakfast offered a number of fresh baked breads. The breakfast area, perched up on a bluff with the main lobby, offers just an incredible view for breakfast. Lunch was mainly consumed pool/beach side and was rather decent.
Pool and beach area here are really quite nice. Due to it being low tide season, there wasn't much of a beach area you could swim in due to a coral reef that was exposed. As an alternative, there were free sea kayaks that you could take out to deeper waters to a floating dock where you could dive and jump to your hearts content into the azul waters of the Gulf of Thailand. I personally liked the hamocks they had stretched out over water further away from the main beach - talk about awesome R&R.
The only downside that I think we experienced during our stay was the service. It varied widely from mostly pleasant and hospitable staff to some that were a bit short fused and really need to work on their charm a bit. There were a couple of staff that just seemed like they couldn't be bothered. Fortunately the majority of the staff we encountered were not this and were incredibly nice and friendly.
You simply can't go wrong with this resort, if you've got the money to spend, it's a great place to come relax, and forget the world.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand Hotel Koh Samui
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand Hotel
- Four Seasons Koh Samui
- Koh Samui Four Seasons
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An away-from-it-all hillside resort on the mystical Gulf of Siam. Spacious Thai villas are wrapped in tropical gardens, conserved coconut groves and the amphitheatre of sky, sea and islands. Enjoy the forest spa. Dine at hillcrest or beachside. Splash in the private bay. And explore a pristine world of beaches, reefs, rainforest and sunshine. Revel in the many faces of Thailand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.