“Samui's Biggest Rip Off” 1 of 5 stars

and up
Koh Samui Round Island Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #92 of 138 things to do in Ko Samui
Alberta, Canada
“Samui's Biggest Rip Off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Took taxi to the waterfalls. Jeep tour was supposed to be off road adventure to the falls. The jeep drove up the side of the hill, which you could have walked up the paved road. The cost was 300BT for a 3 minute ride. When you get to the top, there is a walkway made of lashed together bamboo, with no railings, the steps to the falls are crumbling and unsafe. Save your money!

• Thai first
Sydney
6 attraction reviews
“Avoid..if you still want to go here a some tips.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We went today. We were on a private around the island trip. I specifically told the driver to drive us to the parking lot right next to waterfall 1. There is no entrance fee. From here there is a 1 minute flat walk to the falls. The falls themselves were unimpresive. We thought about takng a swim but the water was brown and very uninviting. If the driver takes you to another starting point they will try get you to take a 4 WD up to the falls. You can take a short elephant ride which we didn't do. There are also food and souvenir shops near the parking lot. Waterfall 2 are on a private property and as such there is an entrance fee, we did not go but by all accounts are less impressive them Waterfalls 1. Waste of time in my opinion.

Visited April 2012
Norfolk, England
86 attraction reviews
“Avoid the shows, the waterfalls are worth seeing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The shows are not worth it, but the waterfalls are very beautiful. Worth climbing. Do wear sensible shoes.

Went up part of the hill in the 4x4, and worth it!

Not good for those with mobility issues.

Bend, Oregon
26 attraction reviews
“Great waterfall, shoes recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I hiked this with sandals, and I was fine, but I did see two unhappy people with broken sandals.

There are lots of great picture opportunities, especially if you are willing to do some climbing. Watch your step because some places can be slippery.

You have the option at the base to take a 4x4 vehicle up to the waterfall, but unless you can't handle a 10 or 15 minute walk over pretty easy (though sometimes up and downhill) terrain, I wouldn't waste my money. The easiest part of the hike is the part that the vehicle skips, and the small path to the waterfall itself must be done by foot anyways.
They will be very persistent, but I opted to walk, and I didn't regret it.

The waterfall itself is beautiful, and even coming from a place with tons of waterfalls, I was very happy to have gone and seen it. Add this to your list of places to see in Koh Samui. (P.S. Motorbike parking is free at the base of the hill.)

New York, NY
6 attraction reviews
“It's okay, nothing spectacular though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I visited the first waterfall just yesterday. There is no entrance fee to see the first waterfall but there is parking fee for cars and scooters. The waterfall was nice but it wasn't anything special. A waterfall is a waterfall. In any case, we decided to check out the second one since we were already there. The people there tell you to park your scooter at the bottom of village but then ask you if you want a car ride up the moutain. Once we saw people riding their scooters up, we got back on ours and went up the mountain. A guy yelled at us to park but we ignored him. He didn't come after us. Thank goodness we took the scooter up. The walk up did not look fun at all. There is an entrance fee of 40 baht for the second waterfall. We turned right back around. No waterfall is worth an entrance fee. Plus, we already saw the first one so that was good enough. However, I did feel bad for the people who had to walk up the mountain only to be welcomed with an entrance fee.

If you have a scooter or car and have the time, then go see it. But I would NOT pay for those jungle tours to see this. Wouldn't be worth it........