“Excellent work!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ginos Tailor

Ginos Tailor
64/9 Moo 3 Chaweng Noi Area | opposite New Star Resort Chaweng Noi Beach, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand
+66 81 647 8876
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 42 Shopping in Ko Samui
Type: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Ginos Tailor is the biggest tailor shop in Koh Samui. We carry the largest inventory of materials for suits, shirts, dresses etc. Most of our clients are in the corporate world so we have the experience and skills to tailor the best work wardrobe for them. We pride ourselves in providing impeccable tailoring services at reasonable prices. PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY BECAUSE TAXIS AND VANS WILL MAKE UP STORIES AND TAKE YOU TO OTHER SHOPS WHERE THEY GET COMMISSION OF 25% OR 30%. SO IF YOU WANT TO VISIT OUR STORE PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY.
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent work!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I would give my best recommendations to Ginos tailor and one of the owners named Rray.
I have several times met and visited Rray and I’m always highly satisfied with the job he has completed for me. Rray and his family are very welcoming and friendly, and they have an international understanding for fashion and a high understanding for quality. Lastly, they deliver what is promised on time. I highly recommend stopping by the shop when you visit Koh Samui.

• Thai first
“THE Best! First but not least visit at Gino's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

During my Samui-holiday I did several pieces at Gino's (suits, business & evening dresses, blouses).
Found the place via google (and not by somebody approaching me in the streets!).
The service is just brilliant - and fast! I went there several times (some fitting is necessary of course to get the perfect piece of clothing) because I could have spent hours between the materials. Every time I added another blouse (which is done within one day only). The range is wide & high class quality. Prravit Khanijo (Ray) has the eye what fit's you and for details. When picking up my bags he even gave me a ride to the hotel. Service, service, service....

If you stay in Samui, don't miss Gino's (64/9 Moo 3 Bophut, Koh Samui)!

London, United Kingdom
“excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I made 4 suits and 10 shirts from Rray Ginos...All i can say is these are the best suits and shirts i have bought in Thailand and the shirts are a bargain at 1,000 bht per shirt..few weeks after i was back in Uk i ordered 10 more shirts from ginos..

I was taken to a tailor by my tour guide/taxi people and i knew i was being ripped off so i just walked out..they give you alcohol and try to make cheap package deals with you..NO THANKYOU!!

I asked around and Ginos was recommended..and the whole experience was just great..pls go directly to Ginos and call rray for directions..you pay less and get great service and good quality clothes!! do not go into the tailors recommended by tour guides or taxi driver as they get 30% commission ( which u pay for) from these shops..this is also a common practice in bangkok as well..

Go directly to Ginos and jusr enjoy the experience of having a suit tailored for you from scratch..you will never buy off the rack ever again!! Full marks to rray!!

Visited April 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very Impressed!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I wear suits 5 days a week for work, so i was very excited to go to Thailand and have some suits made. Me and my partner were in bangkok and went to several tailors around Sukhumvit road.. we were not sure since most shops and checked out the suits, we were not happy with what we saw as most tailors catered to American expats and their cut is very baggy and big shoulder pads..since my partner is in fashion industry he advised me to leave it alone.
When we arrived in Samui we checked out shops in chawang but their aggresive attitude actually made me nervous.
I checked on trip advisor and saw these review about ginos tailor and it turned out they were opposite New star resort where we were staying..we went in one evening and was welcomed by rray..and right away i know this is the guy i want to make my suits from. rray suggest i make one first and take it from there ( in chawang they were offering me 5 suits in one shot!!). I told rray i wanted suit like Tiger of Sweden really slim Europena style..in 3 days the 1st was ready and my partner was the judge and he was impressed witht he fabric, workmanship and little detalils like working buttons..the suit fit me very well..normally i buy Tiger suits for 5000 sek or 20,000 baht but with rray i paid for nearly identical quality 7,000 baht. so i made 4 more suits and after a week i went for final fitting..everything was top notch! just had to let out one of the pants as i gained 3 kgs on the holiday and it was done in 4 hours.
It was such a pleasure to work with a man who is confident in his craft..no pushy salesmanship, offering to make one first , and no men standing outside his shop to pull you in..as i was there a few people came in and ordered some smoking!! why didnt i think of that?? But now Rray has my measures and i can order from Sweden at half the price as what i will pay back home..i will suggest if u want good quality suits head straight to Ginos..at our hotel we hear some guests complain that the tailor downtown took there money and they were forced to accept the suits and the quality was very very bad!! They were thinking to go to the police..Thank god we find rray and have good memories of Samui and Ginos Tailor!! Looking forwarde to his visit in Scandinavia ;-)

Graz
“Saved our wedding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

When we came to Koh Samui for our wedding, we had two problems: first, we didn’t have any clothes for the wedding yet; and second the entire island didn’t have electricity. Searching for a tailor who could still make us our wedding clothes was no easy task. All of them promised that they will be able to do everything, although we immediately had the feeling that things will not end up well with them.
Luckily, we found Rray! Unlike all the other tailors, Rray does not promise anything that he will not be able to keep. So he told us right away, until when the power must be back on, so that we could get our clothes done. Fortunately, the power was back early enough. In addition to his honesty, Rray is a great tailor; he has got an eye for what will fit you and what will not. He took really great care of us, driving us with his private car. He came over to our villa, which was 45 minutes away from his shop, just to do the fittings. He made us a great prize for our really awesome wedding clothes and we were really thankful to have found him. In the end, we not only bought our wedding clothes with him, but additionally bought two dresses, one suit and five shirts. So we can just recommend him and his shop to everyone visiting Koh Samui!

Visited December 2012