“"Banana Wow!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sweet Sisters Cafe

Sweet Sisters Cafe
Baan Bang Kao Road (Corner of route 4173 and route 4170), Ko Samui 84310, Thailand
+66 8647088631
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 890 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai, Vegetarian, Fusion, Healthy, Eclectic, Vegan
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sweet Sisters is a whole-food cafe serving delicious, healthy and original food from local produce. The menu has a distinct Southern Thai accent, but speaks in many languages: Thai fusion, seafood, and vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free if you like. The kitchen never uses msg, white or polished rice, sugar, farmed fish, shrimp, nor will chef Noiy buy factory chickens - only produce she can find from sustainable organic sources.
Perth, Australia
“"Banana Wow!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

A friend brought us here for a drink break on a scooter ride around the island, and this was a beautiful place to stop. Very attractive cafe with gorgeous original artworks and a tantalising menu, although we only had drinks this time around.

There's a wide variety of smoothies and juices on offer, including the intriguing and subsequently yummy "Banana Wow!", Virgin Coladas, and spicy coffee (any of which can be spiked with Samui rum on request). We all enjoyed our choices very much.

There are also a number of coffees, teas, and other nicenesses available for sale.

Another shame-we-discovered-on-our-last-day places - we'll be back some other time! Note: their Facebook pages says they are closed on Wednesdays.

www.facebook.com/sweetsisters.cafe.samui

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Thai first
Maui, Hawaii
“A jewel on the southern side of Samui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a modern cafe (Coffee + Food) and there is really nothing else like this in the area on the south side of Koh Samui, however even if it had heaps of competition around this place would still shine.

I've eaten several dishes and each has been been delicious. If you are just looking for coffee and WiFi, those are both excellent too.

The food menu covers all standard Thai restaurant dishes but prepared with just enough flair to be unique and interesting. I particularly enjoyed the Tom Kha soup but it's all good. They even have a few good non-thai dishes like an Avocado Salad that is good too.

The have hot and cold coffee and tea drinks, but my favorite is the Spicy Black Coffee which has a little cardamon and chili in it (I think that's what it is -- doesn't matter it's tasty).

Hong Kong, China
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I ate here 2 days running on our recent 10 day trip to Koh Samui. They were the last two days of our stay and we'd have eaten here more often if we'd discovered it sooner!

The first stop was for lunch. My wife had the crispy rice salad and I had the fishcakes. The fishcakes really are out of this world - the best I've eaten and usually such a poorly done dish.

The second stop was for dinner. This time I had the crispy rice salad which was absolutely amazing.

There are fresh juices on offer, and cakes (the brownies are absolutely awesome) and the service is homely and welcoming. We saw numerous local ex-pats eating here (including the owners of the Green Ta'lay restaurant) which give it a seal of approval beyond my own credibility.

Only downside is the location - looking out over a road junction - but this is simply being niggardly as the food is vying for some of the best on the whole island.
Excellent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great food, well presented”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I may be slightly biased, but i absolutely LOVE this place. If you are ever on the south of the island i think you will be hard-pressed to find a better place to eat such well made and flavoursome food. Their fish cakes are my personal favorite, the ingredients and presentation always top notch, and i am yet to come away disappointed. places like this are the gems of the island, it is very much a 'foodie' place in the style of Art Cafe between Chaweng and Bophut, and i only wish there were more of them!

Turku, Finland
“Great and cheap but middle of nowhere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was driving my scooter in the middle of nowhere, searching of a perfect beach, when I saw a billboard for organic restaurant.
I decided to stop because it was lunchtime and also because those few times I have eaten organic meals in Thailand they have been delicious.
Still the food was a positive surprise. Mango-mint shake was very fresh. I like my shakes without sugar but if you wanted to add sugar, they used brown sugar.
Green curry chicken was smooth and tasty. The usual hotness of green curry was missing, but tasteless it wasn't vice versa. In addition as a side dish they served whole-grain rice, which was delicious.
There was a little shop in connection with the restaurant, where they sold organically grown food.
Definitely worth even a longer scooter drive.

• Visited March 2013