“What a fantastic find” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 876 Restaurants in Ko Samui
4.5 of 5 stars 76 Reviews
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We also have three bungalows at the back of the restaurant at 799(2pp) +a beautifull bungalow on the bangpor beach ask for all details check the web site and talk to patrick,thank you, 20% on all food with pre 0rder in the morning same day
Wales
“What a fantastic find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My daughter and her boyfriend booked this restaurant for myself and my wife before we headed our separate ways. What a great choice of venue, the host Patrick gave us recommendations that were spot on for all of us. How he manages to produce such great meals, whilst still finding time to chat with us and share his funny stories about Thai life is a miracle. We are only in
Koh Samuii another 2 days and will definitely be going back. Lovely atmosphere and great host.
Thanks Patrick for a great night
Jim, Pam, Jess & Jesse.

• Visited September 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne,
“Entertaining host, lovely food and great accomodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Staed in one of the bungalows out the back and it was very nice, clean and cheap. Breakfast was included and was lovely, Patrick would cook whatever I asked for. Also the food on a eveningh was great, I asked him in the morning if he would cook me my prefered meal and went down the market that day to get the meat fresh including a 20% discount, can't recommend this place enough if you are after cheap accomodation and good food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Mouthwatering Michelin star perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

From the moment I walked in to Frenchy's restaurant I was enchanted by both the warm welcoming atmosphere from Mr Thaw and the knowledgeable award winning Michelin star chef, Patrick. Patrick clearly loves every aspect of cuisine and is very knowledgeable. His food is exquisite and by far the nicest I have ever tasted. I recommend this restaurant to everyone I meet and I guarantee if you visit Frenchy's and take the time to speak with Patrick and sample his fine culinary skills you too will be amazed. This is a rare find and I can't recommend him highly enough. All I can say is come along and try it yourself and you will be blown away.

Also we stayed in his bungalows at the back of the resort and they are really good value for money and allow access for the pool across the road which is set in stunning surroundings with a magnificent panoramic view of Koh Phangnan and the sea. The bungalows are nicely decorated and are very clean. Thanks Patrick for a wonderful stay you truly are amazing and I would recommend your bungalows, villas and restaurants to everyone I meet. Bon appetite :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PatrickW W, Owner at Frenchy's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
it helps us to work even harder
from the team
merci beaucoup
patrick
Perth, Australia
“Look no further, fantastic food served with finesse and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We went for breakfast, just 99 baht for a full cooked breakfast, and it was great value. So we went back for dinner, and we went back again, and again. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable with colourful decor and Paris Cafe style jazz playing softly in the background. Julie gives efficient and friendly table service and the owner and chef Patrick cooks delicious meals. Patrick has worked in many prestigious restaurants including some Michelin rated, and his cooking reflects his experience and expertise. If you book in advance you get 20% discount, and Patrick will cook anything you want. We asked for roast duck, it was slow roasted for five hours, carved by Patrick at our table and served with a delicious dark cherry sauce. The best duck I have ever had. We both felt quite full but we just had to try the desserts, I had apple tarte tatin, my wife had home made creme caramel. Both very generous servings and both mouth-wateringly delicious, we had trouble walking home after as we were so full, and so satisfied. Before the main course we were served a complimentary starter, this time home made mushroom soup, again delicious. We could not fault the food, it was first class. Then there is Patrick, quite a character and a great sense of humour. He kept us amused with stories and jokes, and made sure that everything was to our satisfaction. We loved Frenchy's and recommend it without any hesitation. For excellent food and a really enjoyable evening you will not find better. When you leave Patrick will shake your hand, and kiss your wife('s hand). Please do go, you will not be disappointed.

Visited February 2013
PatrickW W, Owner at Frenchy's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
hi
.thank you for you lovely review we didn't expect that we made you so happy good for us.
see you soon
the team +++
Leeds
“A great start.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

we stopped by Frenchy's on our first afternoon in Koh Samui for a couple of cold Singhas and we were treated to delicious free pizza. We then decided to go back for our evening meal too. We had a Thai banquet which consisted of several dishes, all were excellent. The highlight though was the squid stuffed with pork, it was divine. Chef and owner Patrick also joined us for a drink when the kitchen was shut and regaled us with his tales of cooking round the world. After calling back for a delicious breakfast the following morning, Patrick even gave us a lift to the ferry terminal for the boat to Koh Tao.The man is a true gent and a great host. This was the perfect start to our Thai adventure. Thanks again Patrick.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PatrickW W, Owner at Frenchy's Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
thank you for your review it was very nice serving you
patrick