“Wonderful day cruise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 157 activities in Ko Samui
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Boutique Yachting welcomes you aboard the S/Y Naga as she cruises around some of the most stunning locations in the Gulf of Thailand. The 30 meter yacht offers new levels of comfort and luxury sailing and cruising on Koh Samui. With a spacious sun deck, open air covered deck and the internal saloon, the Naga offers you all the personal space and privacy you need. Whether lounging on the expansive decks, having a drink with a new friend or simply taking the time to breathe in the fresh sea air, indulge yourself. The Naga offers trips, (half) day charters and overnight cruises.
Berlin, Germany
“Wonderful day cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We spent a wonderful day on the NAGA cruising around Samui. We had two stops for snorkeling and swimming and went around the five islands, 3200 THB per person. The Naga is a beautiful yatch, 33 meters long and feels quite spacy with its 20 comfortable sunbeds for approx. 25 passengers. The crew is great and the food on board is delicious. Drinks are included and staff offers fruit and snacks all day long. Lunch was excellent Thai food. There is plenty of quality time on board. Towels are provided and you can take a shower on board which is great after snorkeling or swimming. Take very good sun blocker and an extra Shirt for snorkeling. Due to a lack of wind we could not sail but we did not miss it as it was a wonderful day trip. Absolutely worth the money. A boat to fall in love with.

Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A very relaxing day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Myself and six friends booked on the Naga, overall there were 22 of us on the day, which was slightly over what I had expected but there's enough room for everyone and it wasn't cramped at all.

It's a really beautiful yacht (with nice, clean toilets!) and you are treated really well, you get breakfast after a quick briefing (in English and German). Soft drinks and water are brought round the regularly, or you can purchase beer or wine for 100 baht. Lunch was very nice, a buffet selection, of which there is loads, so if you are peckish you can definitely have seconds. In the afternoon the snacks are non-stop, including cake and then sandwiches, perfect!

If you want an adventurous boat trip that stops off at lots of places and you want to go kayaking etc, this isn't the trip for you. This trip is leisurely and relaxing, because it's a yacht it is a slow journey (3 hours there and 3 hours back) you stop off only twice, once at a very steep viewpoint (I'm not good with heights so a few of us stayed on the boat instead and jumped into the water- beautiful) and again if you want to go snorkelling or to a beach. I opted for the beach and actually think I found paradise!!! Stunning doesn't even cover it. I won't ever forget it.

The day is very chilled out and relaxing, the views from the boat are something else (sunset is beautiful) and you can lie on the loungers (either in the sun or shade- they can pull down canopies), read or sleep. If you want luxury and are willing to pay slightly more, this is the boat trip for you, it's worth the extra baht :)

Tip- because we booked directly via their website the guy in the office gave us 10% discount. We didn't pay until the day though, so if you do this make sure you bring a copy of the email confirming the discount, as the message won't be passed on. They'll also call the office to double check, even though you have it in writing, but never mind. It saves quite a bit.

Visited March 2013
manik84
“Beautiful Naga!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

If spending a leisurely day out on a beautiful vessel and pampered by a lovely crew is what you're looking for, then boutique yachting day cruises for you. But don't go expecting to be taken to some great secluded beach or to have a marvelous day out snorkeling (visibility is never good and the Naga crew told us that they had specifically asked tour agents not to market them on that basis).

A group of us, all in our late 20s (and probably the youngest group on the boat) went on the island tour. We had a lovely time aboard the vessel. Having spent most of our boat excursions on old and somewhat rickety boats where meals are served from plastic bags and you're lucky if you can make yourself a cup of tea - the Naga was a welcome surprise. The crew couldn't do enough for you, the food (breakfast, lunch and snacks) were laid out like scrumptious feasts and the sun loungers neatly spread out and very welcoming. The scenery wasn't spectacular (although we did enjoy a lovely sunset) and if I had one complaint, it would be that the beach we stopped briefly at was a rather random choice, small and covered with pebbles/small rocks and shrubbery. If they changed their choice for the beach stopover, it would make a huge difference to the overall experience.

All in all, it was what I expected and I'm very glad I did it. I've never been on such a lovely vessel and it did feel quite luxurious. It's not cheap but given what it must cost to keep the Naga in such good condition, the price is completely understandable.

Wiesbaden
4 attraction reviews
“A lazy day on the boot to the marine park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We just enjoyed a real nice day trip to the National Marine Park with the two-master. An all inclusive trip with breakfast, lunch, fingerfood and non-alcoholic drinks, starting in the morning at 08:00h untill sundown at around 18:30h. They take max. 30 guests on board, so it is almost like a private trip. We visited the "green lagune" and a "dream-beach" with white sand, smooth like powder. The trip is accompanied by a lady who informs the guests on English and German. Meanwhile the team takes care of everything and one can take a sunbath on deck or meet other guests an eat and drink a little bit. We enjoyed the trip very much and we can recommand this company.

Visited February 2013
“Friendly crew but poor management, just not what I'd expected..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I'd made full payment for the trip via the Boutique Yachting website. If you'd try booking via this way you will see that it lists for 20 pax to Angthong. Hence imagine my surprise when we arrived, it was like 30 pax and more!
More people means more time delay, more queuing to get on off the Naga to the smaller speedboat to get to Angthong and the beach, more waiting timing for meals and everything. I didn't expect this. So the website 20 pax wasn't true.
Coming to the payment, I had paid in full via their website a few days before the trip and emailed to them informing of my payment and my room number. However, I was questioned for the ‘voucher’ from the moment I met the taxi driver. When I arrived and met the guide, I was questioned on the voucher again. When on the boat, again I was asked if I owe them any money.
This payment thing just kept coming back even though I’d repeatedly said I had already paid via the internet in full, and they just replied ‘that’s ok that’s ok’, but they still come back to you again and again.
I showed the email to the guide of whom I understood it’s not really her responsibility nor fault on booking, but then it has become such a nuisance on seeing such 'distrust'. The system and communication within their management is not good. So I suggest if you do want to join them, do make the payment only when you see them and not before. It doesn’t help for you to pay in advance at all.
Next coming to the tour itself, there is really nothing much to see at Angthong, you have to make quite a strenuous climb with every steps quite high. My husband and daughter went up and didn’t think it was worth the climb. The few islands we passed by were just some rocks jutting out of the sea, not much of any view worth visiting.
We stopped by a beach and we were handed googles for snorkeling. However, the visibility was so bad. So what you could do was just to do some swim and sun bathing. Much like what you could already do by your hotel’s beach. But then the difference is if you are by the hotel’s beach then you have most everything you want with you. When you are at the island you are quite a distance away from the Naga (a small speed boat brought us to the island), so do remember to bring everything you may need when you are going to the island. We didn’t expect such poor visibility in the water and had thought we will be snorkeling. We should have brought some water and towels along to the beach or rather, just stayed on the Naga itself.
Although I am really quite disappointed in this tour, I must say that the crew is friendly & attentive and entertained my children with games. We also find the food to be of good quality. And that’s about all the good I can find.