Samahita is located on a quite beach which is beautiful and peaceful. Great yoga shala facing the water with the most wonderful teachers who teach and modify the poses for all level. In my week experience at Samahita, teachers were the ones that made my stay memorable and unfortunately the staff were the ones that made my stay not so great and memorable( with the exception of the spa staff)! I agree with some other reviewers that said "staff unhelpful at best and rude at worst". Very disappointing to be in the "land of smiles" and yet desperate to see a smiley and friendly face! I did not get any warm welcome gesture, welcome tour or introduction from either the management nor staff. After flying for more than 24 hours, it would have been nice to be offered a glass of cold water or juice as opposed to "you still owe us E30"!
The food was delicious and tasty with good varieties but unfortunately it sits outside from 9:30 to 1pm. So it loses its freshness. The same with dinner which is served bet. 6-8pm, if you don't get to eat right away it will be cold by 7. They seem to have trouble with keeping it at the right temperature or they just simply don't care! I don't like to be all negative but I've been to other retreats and unfortunately this place failed on many levels, No shampoo or soap provided because they're green yet they ask you to bring your own?!! Where's logic behind that? It's a yoga retreat yet they don't provide you with yoga mats??!! (if it's a sanitary issue, provide some environmental friendly sanitizers). the list can go on...It lacks organization, management, personalization and most importantly HOSPITALITY.
I went to ONEWORLD retreat in Ubud, Bali last year and that place showed me how and what a retreat center should truly make you feel....Rejuvenated, Balanced, Connected and Content. None of which I felt when I left Samahita! Nevertheless my sincere thanks to all the teachers for the wonderful morning classes and also to Pu the most amazing massage therapist!
- Also Known As:
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Hotel Koh Samui
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samahita Retreat was established in 2003 on the island of Koh Samui, and has been called by many a "hidden gem". Owned and directed by yoga and lifestyle teacher, Paul Dallaghan, the center has been a location for practice, learning and holiday for literally tens of thousands of guests from all walks of life over the years.Samahita Retreat is located in the south of Koh Samui, right on the beach. It is in a quiet area off the beaten track, with plenty of privacy and comforts, yet still close to markets and amenities. The beach is virtually ours alone, many rooms have a direct sea view, while the surroundings are lush and green. Many of Koh Samui's special attractions are down the south near us, waterfalls to temples and more. A walk down our beach brings you to the golden Laem Sor Pagoda of a realized Buddhist monk, whose force has drawn us to be established in this special spot.All backgrounds of people join us here, whether yoga students, from beginners to advanced, those looking to lose weight and get healthy, regenerate from a stressful life to a holiday with all the healthy perks. It is the kind of place where someone traveling alone can meet people and feel at home, and where families can relax and enjoy themselves. (We offer many services for parents of young children, who might not have much time for their own time or yoga back home.) Even partners who don't do yoga or wellness find our setup perfect for them while their other half gets on with the yoga and treatments! In short, all are welcome.For your health and environment, Samahita Retreat is a smoke and alcohol free retreat center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, EasyToBook, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Samahita Retreat (Yoga Thailand) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.