“Just a Thai bar” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 49 Nightlife in Ko Samui
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: Henry Africa's is the place for fun! Come and join us and we will make your holiday.
Singapore, Singapore
93 attraction reviews
“Just a Thai bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

After reading the reviews we went there with a group of 7 men with high expectations. Had one round of beers then left, such an average place with your average Thai waitresses a pool table and pop hits. Nothing to complain, nothing to rave about. The street scene in front of this bar in the Green Mango alley is probably the most interesting part.

Visited March 2014

Salmiyah, Kuwait
8 attraction reviews
“Best bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Henry Africa's is one of the best bars for a couple drinks in Samui. Drinks are cheap, it seems they have a happy hour all night. Staff are very friendly, it is one of the best bars in the area.

Visited February 2014
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Top Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Visited Samui in Oct 2013 with two friends and spent most nights in here, briiliant atmosphere, the staff were great, the management were fantastic and really looked after us and the drinks were cheap and plentiful, it really made our holiday, so much that we are returning in June.... see you all then.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“As good as a bar gets.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have been using this bar from November, I am here for the winter, I go to this bar most nights, it's easily the best bar in town with no exceptions and the location is superb. It's right in the area where the clubs are; including the Green Mango and virtually opposite the Ark Bar where there are great beach parties and pool parties. Chang beer is 69 Thb and the three pool tables are in good order, each with a guy dedicated to running a list of players, they even come and find you if your somewhere else in the bar.

I don't understand a couple of negative comments such as it's boring, if you get bored here then I think it's not the bars fault. As for being short changed, I have been short changed myself in some bars over the years, but never here and somehow doubt there was any wrong doing, and certainly not intentional if any mistake was made.

My best mate and his wife popped over from the UK, they loved the bar and stayed up several times until the close at 3.00 am. This means they must of been having a superb time, they normally are in bed by 11.00 pm

I have probably talked to most if not all the staff and I have to say so far they have all been great, the music is about as good as you can get albeit after 5 months perhaps I would welcome a new mix. The atmosphere is very friendly and clearly the manager knows how to run a successful pool bar with his staff as far as I can tell very,very happy to work there. The toilets are pretty standard Thai bar quality, perhaps a more hygienic towel system would be welcome, but that's my only negative comment. I have traveled quite extensively throughout Thailand for more than 20 years and I wish all bars were as good as this one. I would urge anyone to pop along and I doubt you will be disappointed, not least because it is a buzzing pre-club fun venue. I must add that plenty of 'Farang' girls go to this bar and people by themselves have no trouble making friends here.

Visited December 2013
INDIA
44 attraction reviews
“Got bored..!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were here for a couple of drinks only to kill some time. It was crowded and people were playing pool et all. However we felt a bit bored and the place didn't have the charm or the vibe that were looking for.

It didnt have anything different or interesting about it.

Visited October 2013
007ismyname, Owner at Henry Africa's, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
You needed to kill time in Samui while you were on....... holiday! So you stopped in to Henry Africa's and were still bored.
Most people love Henry Africa's, sorry we were not your cup of tea.