“Nothing paradise about it” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 206 Activities in Ko Samui
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Ranch & Farm
Bendigo, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“Nothing paradise about it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Visited with my 4 year old daughter as recommeded by someone who lives on the island. Admittedly it was raining heavily that day. Certinly not paradise for the animals. All locked in cages and some out in the elements (the horse) wIthout any shelter. The doves had been dyed as I have never seem a fluroescent pink dove naturally in the wild. My daughter was very upset as she could not even touch any of the animals. The Restaurant staff were rude and did not even speak enough english for me to get a coffee. The trip up the mountain is a nightmare. I had hired a 4x4 jeep luckily so did make it. Thankful that I drive there though as we could leave when we wanted, which was about an hour after we arrived, and didn't rely on a group tour or pay the high cost. Overall I was very very disappointed and wouldn't recommend it

Visited May 2013

Hong Kong, China
“over-rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Nothing special. Sure, good location and views. Staff couldn't care less and barely spoke any English. We tried to have lunch at the restaurant (great views), staff were utterly dis-interested. Food was okay.

To me, coloured chickens do not symbolise learning about animals for my kids. The monkey we saw there was rude and knocking over toys.

Didn't really explore much else. For THB1000 for 2 adults and 1 child, we could have probably spent the money better elsewhere.

Visited May 2013
Luton, United Kingdom
“monkeys”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I visited the park April 2013.. with my 2 daughters, 2 grandsons and some friends..
My eldest daughter held the monkey, but my friends daughter was scared to hold the monkey and panicked when the keeper threw the monkey on her as she is only 6 years old..The monkey got frightened, and scratch my friends daughter...The keeper of monkey kicked the monkey so hard, the children were crying..
He then took the monkey down a side opening where he was seen to punch and kick the monkey so hard he was sweating, he had to take his t shirt off to carry on with the beating...Please do not go to this park...the animals are mistreated.

bangkok
10 attraction reviews
“Fun day out, great for kids, worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good fun day, took my 2 year old nephew, good introduction to some animals such as parrots, cockatoos, monkeys, deer, rabbits, emu's etc. They allow you to feed some of the animals which was fun and good photo opportunity. They also have some small swings, climbing frame and slides to play on. There is small restaurant for some lunch etc as well as a pool to cool down if you so wish. Entry fee i think was 400 thai baht for adults and free for kids ( not sure what age they will charge but for 2 year old was free ). All in all worth a trip as something different to see in Samui.

Copenhagen
8 attraction reviews
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

First of all, it's not a very big place and there are not lots of animals like a Zoo. Anyway as two adults only, we did have a great time! We had much fun feeding the birds and it was nice to have a swim in the pool on a hot day. Also there is a very nice view from there, it's almost the highest point on Samui. I think it's a bit expensive compared to other things, but there is no fee to feed birds, have pictures taken with monkey etc., so it's OK.

When we visited, there was not a lot of other people, I think the whole experience would have been worse, if it was crowded with people.

We took a private tour (pay extra for - but there is really no tour, you go around yourself), which meant we could leave when we wanted to. I'm glad we did, as it is not a very big place, so after 3 hours we had tried everything (included a swim).

Some of the animals was chained outside so you could play with them, the chains where a little short in my opinion, but it seemed like most of the animals where ok (Thai standards) - but I'm certainly not an expert.

Overall a nice experience I would recommend to try, especially if you have kids, but adults can go too ;-)