“Great but not on the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Room Only 990 Baht
Ranked #183 of 310 hotels in Ko Samui
UK
“Great but not on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My family stayed at this hotel at the end of our travels in Thailand, up until this point we had been staying in little guest houses that were very basic and we wanted to finish with something nice. Our requirements were a/c , tv, beach. We got all of this except this place is not on the beach. Its a very small hotel with 14 rooms, most are suites with 2 bedrooms and living facilities. Ours had 2 bathrooms, one of which was an outdoor bathroom with bath, other was indoor with shower. We enjoyed our stay very much. The staff were very friendly and because its such a small place the staff were always chatty and friendly to my girls, giving them ice cream and drinks..... The hotel is a 5 mins walk to the beach but you do have to cross a busy road. Bophut is very very nice with mostly expensive places to eat however we found Tid and Oasis to be very good value esp for seafood dishes coming in at 150 bht. There are definitely things we would do differently if we ran/built this hotel however for the price we were very had here. The pool is quite small but fine for some fun and a cool down. Email if you have any questions

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Ko Samui, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

There many defects in this hotel as well as room defects and staff....Receptionist Tong who just joined two weeks ago, she has serious attitude problems. And It not usual for thais..I was a little getting away from hectic work for a month but imagine you had more series of issues you had to face during your holidays. It makes more exhausted than ever. The hotel doesn't have any refund system but I am willing to check out than facing this terrbile service hotel.
First of all, you cannot lights up ... when you check in at night , yes there is a problem. You cannot even watch tv which it seemed has locked by 4 digits passwords. Then I cannot take shower due to the handle was felling off.
When I called receptionist Tong, she said yes yes yes I know ... Then nothing happened.
I was exhausted of travel so I had no choice but sleep over night,
Next morning I asked is there any manager this hotel ? Receptionist told me I am manager. She seemed understand english than Tong. So I asked her to changed my room. It took a half day to get an answer from. Then at night when I came back I went to reception then Tong Again. She was playing with computer game and then looked at me.
So I said Can I room move now ? Tong seemed very annoyed by my question or maybe another receptionist didn't tell her ?!?! I asked her name to tell to manager but she first gave me a fake name Jiji ... this is so funny. I can find out anyway.
The room moved to another problems such as bed sheets are dirty..I could smell that someone slept on from previous guests. and there are so many incects. But hey! I can take shower and lights are on ! I am not sure even though its cheap, I should have stay in hotel with decent staff and housekeepers. Now I know why I always choose 4 stars or 5 stars, They have refund system and quality of service and training staff to make guests satisfy. Well you should not expect any of it from this hotel if you still want to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Nonthaburi, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

The resort is very good place for relaxing because this place is so quiet, new, clean and safe. All the staffs are nice and polite. I like the buffet breakfast. For the activities, we can ask the staff at information counter.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Chester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed at the Heritage resort from 27 Aug -until 3rd September. The rooms are large with a seperate kitchen dining area, bedroom and out side bathroom. Personally I did not like being with nature and getting bitten by the mozies. that said the rooms are pleaseant in traditional thai style and water gardens outside. The pool is good but quite small and not enough sun beds. The staff are very friendly and the rooms kept clean. You are only 10 minute walk from Fisherman's Village

Whilst this is a very nice resort I think it is over priced.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hillsborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed here for three nights to get over jet lag before heading to Phangan.

Positives
- Really friendly and helpful staff, completely went out of their way to help
- Big rooms, two bedrooms, two bathrooms and living area
- Good value for money, free wifi and good pool

Negatives
- You have a cross a really busy road to get to the Beach and Fishermans Village (but I guess that is reflected in the price)
- Really scary and aggressive dogs on road up to Hotel - not the Hotels fault though

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Wendover, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We were only here for one night but the the whole place seemed like it needed a bit of attention. The gardens were getting really overgrown and their water features just attracted the mossies. The rooms were very spacious but a little dark, the outdoor bathroom was just full of mossies but the wifi was good. The staff seemed a little bit confused by everything on the drinks menu so it was easier to go out to the supermarket. Having said that, they did sort out our ferry for us and were very polite. Good for an overnight stop but I wouldn't have wanted to stay there much longer.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
UK, Warrington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

We spent two weeks here in early April and had a great time. The rooms were large and modern, although the bedroom was a little on the dark side. The outdoor bathroom was good and stopped the room from getting steamed up. The air conditioning worked well, but was directed straight at your head whilst in bed and caused me to get a terrible sore throat for a few days. The swimming pool area was a good size and although there are just 6 sun loungers the hotel was fairly quiet and this did not prove to be an issue. Towels were provided. We received a complimentary drink everyday by the pool, which was a nice touch. Prices for food and drink are very reasonable although portions were a little on the small side. We used the drop-off service a couple of times to go to Chaweng but a songthaew was only about 30 baht and ran every five minutes outside the hotel. It takes about ten minutes to stroll into Bophut (turn left out of the hotel, cross the main road and then turn right at the Family Mart). The rate we paid per night was an absolute bargain (900bht) for what we got and we would not hesitate to go back. Obviously, there are much more luxurious places to stay, but hey you pay ten times as much!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Samui Heritage Resort? Share your experiences!