We stayed for 7 days and the hotel wasn't too bad. It was very modern and the room we had was very quiet, there wasn't any loud outside noise day or night time. The bed was super comfy! better than our own at home! We didn't have a a clear view of the ocean as the room was situated on the side of the building but it was still ok.
There was no elevator which surprised me, there were a few steps overall in the hotel.
The hotel has its own beach and feels very private. The pool needs some work done, I nearly cut myself on the chipped tiles in the pool itself. The staff did try to make an effort and I know it must be hard with moody customers everyday.
The location was good for us because we didn't want to be amongst the busy part of Koh Samui but near enough to go there if we wanted.
Hiring a car is a must, the taxi's are very expensive but that is typical in Thailand. The hotel can organize taxi's for when you too.
Definitely eat at the Thai restaraunt next door, they do great food. Although the hotel has the bar and restaraunt, it is rather pricey.
The hotel can help you with all tours etc, which was very helpful.
We enjoyed the hotel overall!
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Samui Fenix Hotel
- Mercure Samui Fenix Hotel Koh Samui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you set your internal compass resolutely to the south of the island, you will find Fenix Beach Resort, Samui, an exclusive retreat set on a privileged location on the beachfront of Lamai with a panoramic and breathtaking view of the Gulf of Thailand. It is an Eden where the air is fresh and crisp and the landscape overflowing with well manicured tropical gardens. This is a private beach resort that is not only enchanting but also breathtakingly beautiful. Blending seamlessly with nature's beauty, green is the dominant color of the landscape coupled with the simplicity of contemporary convenience. Personal with an extra dose of privacy, the rooms and villas exude warm natural hues while the variety of services and facilities will complete a fun-filled stay. Facilities include a generous swimming pool set against the backdrop of the turquoise seas, a restaurant and beach bar, an outdoor Thai massage sala, a meeting room, an indoor fitness room and complimentary shuttle trips to the centre of Lamai. A mixture of unique cultural experiences, undreamed visual images and exotic tropical recreation will all combine to form lasting vivid memories of a perfect vacation. Songkran which is celebrated in Thailand from 13th - 15th April is the traditional New Year's Day. The most obvious celebration of Songkran is the throwing of water upon others. Come and celebrate this season by staying with us as we offer something special to our guests who book the Songkran Sensation Promotion, Rates starting from THB 2,341++ per night ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Fenix Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.