“Never been happier...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa

You added Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   49/8-9 Moo 4, Hillcrest Road | overlooking Aow Thai Beach, Taling-Ngam, Ko Samui 84140, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Discover Asia - Save 25%
Ranked #13 of 313 Hotels in Ko Samui
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Never been happier...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have lost count of the number of things that have '''made''' our trip to Koh Samui last week. The highlight being the Conrad at the south west tip of the island.

I travelled with my wife and daughter and was swept sway with the property, the rooms, the food and the overall spectacular service. I cannot list all the names of the wonderful Conrad Hliton family who made our stay a memorable one but would just like to specially thank Chef Woody, Hostess Lin, Simon and Stefano for really bringing out the Conrad Hilton Red carpet.

Kudos and hope to see you guys sometime soon.

Room Tip: A good view of the 5 islands would make it perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ConradKohSamui, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear EymardSaldanha,

Thank you for your kind review of Conrad Koh Samui. I am pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and will let Chef Woody, Lin and Simon know they contributed to your wonderful experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Stefano Ruzza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

great resort with a wonderful spa, very skilled therapists with precise technique. The food was absolutely delicious and we could barely leave our room as it was so comfortable. The views were stunning and we hope we can be back there soon as those were one of the best vacations we have had in a very long time.

Room Tip: The views a stunning
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ConradKohSamui, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Eddie C,

We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled that you had a wonderful stay and appreciated our service and facilities. The view never tires for us too - it's gorgeous year-round. It would be a joy to welcome you back to Conrad Koh Samui again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I'm probably not the right guy to write a review on a hotel like this one. Coming from a working class neighbourhood in Copenhagen, Denmark this stay was absolutely stunning. You don't walk on this hotel, you drive in small "golf ⛳ cars " from one place to another. Breakfast couldn't be better any place on this planet . We only stayed for 2 nights. The first night we had dinner at Zest (the main restaurant), and they served the best authentic food you can imagine. The second night at Jahn's (it will get its own review later). The staff, the surroundings, the rooms is just amazing. I can't say anything negative about this resort, maybe because I've never tried anything like this.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
ConradKohSamui, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Jan J,

Thank you for your kind words on your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy everything Conrad Koh Samui has to offer, and I will let my team know they contributed to your wonderful stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Koh Samui again in the future.

Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

I don't know why I never wrote a review for this lovely location. It was incredibly romantic,the service was impeccable, and all vacations since have been compared to this one. None to date have met the high standard set by the Conrad Koh Samui. By the way, the breakfast was by far the best that I have ever had. They had freshly squeezed juices with so many options and every sort of food that you could want. One morning they even had a honeycomb that was just spectacular, dripping with fresh honey. Ohhhhh.....I wish that I were there right now. I would get full on a wonderful breakfast and then go lounge in our private infinity pool....I wonder if I click my heels three times if I would be taken back...darn, it didn't work.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Nkubala07,

It never too late!. I can’t thank you enough for your great review and am truly elated that you had such a wonderful stay with us. It would be a joy to welcome you back to Conrad Koh Samui again in the future.

San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here for four nights and loved it.
Pluses:
- Set along a steep mountain, the view from every villa is amazing
- A private infinity pool (4 feet deep and 9 meters long) was another amazing feature – in every villa. While the infinity pool is very safe, I would keep a close eye on young kids when they are in there so they are not trying to climb on the infinity side of the pool.
- The villas are designed very well so you can enjoy the views from almost anywhere, including the shower
- You have to take a buggy (golf cart) to go everywhere in the resort. We quite enjoyed these rides and never had to wait long for one
- We had a rental car and they always had it prepared once we asked them to bring it out for us. Prepared included having the car out and AC running (since it was warm and humid). One thing they never did which would have been a nice touch would have been to include bottled waters in the car for the road.
- The complimentary boat to an island was nice. Things that could be improved upon were being punctual (we got to the reception on time and had to wait for 30 minutes. Also, the boat stopped for snorkeling for 15-20 minutes, which was not mentioned once before it actually happened. We ordered some coconut water, beer and mangoes for the trip and they had it nice packed in a cooler that was served at the beach – would highly recommend ordering some cold beverages/fruits as it is a nice way to cool off on the island
- Breakfast the restaurant was excellent. Had two dinners at the same all-day restaurant which were very nice too.
- One of the true tests is when something goes wrong. One time when the car was brought out and we were about to get in, my daughter spotted a lizard inside the car. As it could not be removed and we were not comfortable driving with it being somewhere inside, the hotel quickly arranged a complimentary car for us to use, called Hertz and coordinated an exchange of the car (although I had not rented the car through the hotel). I believe the hotel handled the situation exceptionally well and saved our evening from getting ruined completely.
- Excellent service all around – We saw the general manager (Stafan) out and about several times including once when he was being a buggy driver. I believe involved senior management plays a big role in setting the tone for the rest of the team.

Minuses:
- The resort is on the south-west tip of the island. Chaweng beach area, fisherman’s village, airport etc are on the north eastern side of the island. The drive time is almost an hour and hence it is a little bit further from the action. Several great hotels such as W, Six Senses, Four Seasons etc are on the northern side. We went for meals to each of these hotels and were very impressed. The bar at the Four Seasons is worth going to for a drink and the Four seasons was an absolutely amazing property with fantastic restaurants and service. That said, I don’t think any of these resorts have an infinity pool standard in their villas;
- Beach at the resort is not nice….very rocky and shallow.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ConradKohSamui, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear CAWorldtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Conrad Koh Samui experience. It is a joy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will let my team know they contributed to your wonderful stay.

Thank you again for staying with us and we are hoping to welcome you and your family back again in the furtuer.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here on the 3rd leg of our honeymoon. Previously staying in Phuket and Bangok.

What can i say about this hotel that hasnt been said already? Ignore the poor reviews - this hotel really is this good. I doubt i will ever stay in a hotel of this calibre again.

having stayed in alot of the conrads in Asia (Macau, HK, Dubai)and indeed the Hiltons worldwide this is by far the best (and i thought HK was pretty special) the views you have from any point at this hotel are stella. each villa/room has its own swimming pool which you probably already know. Which having read up alot of this place before - still made me gasp when i saw it. The place is super photogenic. the sunsets infront of the hotel across to the mainland. We saw plenty of Thunderstorms roll in whilst we were there. excellent stuff. The rooms are excellently fitted out, with compliementry Ipad, PC (TV) BOSE sound system, Giant bath, his and her mirrors, and the usual other stuff...

People have complained about the lack of beach - there is a beach - or rather there was one when we went, but the tide was quite low when we went. Alternatively the daily escursion boat makes up for that. with a side trip to snorkle with the coral and fish in the sea. All complimentry. o b honest though - i spent most of my time in my private pool supping Singha's watching the view. I wasted 3 hrs one day and got very wrinkly playing some music and simply bobbing up and down in the pool with a beer.

As for the costs of things whislt we were there, food is average in terms of cost, more expensive than other places weve been in Asia, but cheap for a conrad. The Quality was excellent, with a good selection of eateries on site... which leads me to the only negatives i could put on this hotel- --- its location. Its literally miles away from anywhere... which i think is the whole point to the place. The town (where the Airport is) is about 50 mins drive away. Its also next to a mangrove, which means insects at night... though House keeping can be called to provide a complimentry insect spray - which seemed to work ok.

As a result we found 3 nights just about right for what we wanted. We soaked in the views and sunsets, enjoyed the food, the staff (excellent as always - nd never without a smile)

Wish we could go back.

Room Tip: theyre all fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ConradKohSamui, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Russell J,

I can’t thank you enough for your review and am truly elated that you had such a nice stay.

We wish to have you both back to Conrad Koh Samui again in the future, perhaps on your 1st Anniversary!

Taichung, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotel landscape is great, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, sleep quality is also pretty cool, the pool room is considered very large in the experience of my stay, you can enjoy swimming, it also provides a very convenient work desk, on the I occasionally need to work when it is convenient to use, the staff were helpful friendly, but also special arrangements for Chinese-speaking staff to assist our stay, the restaurant also offers Chinese-style menu, let's convenient meal, this is also very good, overall stay very satisfactory, is people relax resort a good choice, only drawback is the breakfast and dinner although good, but relatively few select meals, but also less amazing, others are very satisfactory. is worth the comfort of luxury hotel stay

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Shao Lun C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your stay with us at Conrad Koh Samui. Your feedback on food variety is appreciated, as it enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor guest’s needs and expectations. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again for staying with us and we are hoping to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you this way.