I have a new-found respect for the Conrad/ Hilton brand names after my recent stay at the new Conrad Koh Samui. Only 5 months into operation, the hotel is clearly run by a strong and dedicated management team with the experience to make things work without much of the early-stage glitches of so many new resorts we have stayed in. Our previous stay at Koh Samui 2 years ago was at the Four Seasons Resort, which was a superb and plush experience. The Conrad at Koh Samui offers a more simple concept which is no less enjoyable (and dents the pocket a little less) : a well-run resort, styled with minimalist simplicity, with no staff shortages (read: enough housekeeping carts, enough buggies which arrived promptly when called, enough restaurant staff, enough telephone operators) and clearly well-trained and high-moraled staff (note-worthy are the lovely staff who brought my daughter to the pier to feed the colorful fish, the restaurant staff at the poolside who rushed up with an ice pack and free ice cream when she scraped her knee, the staff at Zest restaurant who uncomplainingly changed her meal order when it was served with wheat which she has an allergy to)....
The villa has a beautiful unblocked view of the open sea, with amazing sunsets which you can enjoy from your own sizeable infinity pool. The simplicity is something we appreciated (although those expecting luxurious bath salts, fruit bowls, music and incense burning might not feel the same). It was quiet, simple, unadorned. We enjoyed the internet/ TV/ free latest movies/ menus on the very-modern Apple-based IT system. Everything was as clean, smooth and efficient as one might expect of a 5 star hotel. The staff was excellent- friendly without being intrusive, efficient without being rushed, and we never got the feeling that corners were being cut to save on operating costs.
We loved it so much we even went to check out the Residences which are on sale!
Some minor drawbacks: it takes about 45 minutes to get there from the airport, which is twice as long as it takes to get to the other resorts such as Four Seasons or W Hotel. There is also not much beach for those looking to spend time on one. The Kids' Club was not as well-organized as that of the Four Seasons- the staff was less well-trained but equally sweet and kind to the children. The bed did not have individual-springs so each time my husband turned the entire bed shifted, waking me up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 80 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui