The Conrad has been open for about 2 months, it's not perfect but it's pretty impressive after such a short time in operation and the introductory rates make it exceptional value for a resort of this quality.
First, if you are flying in on Bangkok Airways, don't expect too much, food is mediocre and the seats not very comfortable. Make sure you sit at the front or the back of the plane as when you land you want to be off the plane and into Immigration asap. You exit front and back and if you sit in the middle of the plane you are last off and condemning yourself to an hour trying to get through immigration, not much fun.
Once out of the airport the Conrad team made everything pretty seamless. Transfer was by S-Class (a nice touch when you are expecting a 5-Series BMW) and once at the resort you are whisked around by buggy. The resort itself is set into a fairly steep cliff and so the only way from top to bottom is by buggy, unless you fancy a bit of mountain climbing. Every member of staff we encountered was professional and effective (impressive after 2 months in operation) and extremely warm and helpful (one of the reasons you go to Thailand).
We had a 1 bedroom pool villa and it was gorgeous. We've been lucky enough to stay in some great resorts around Asia and this villa matches up to every one. Inside is spacious, well designed and very comfortable. Top quality bathroom with a great rain shower and free standing tub that overlooks the ocean. Outside is even more impressive with a big private deck and infinity pool that stretches the width of the villa and the views are fantastic across to the 5 islands and the mainland. It's also west facing and so you get some pretty amazing sunsets right from your deck. There is no need to move from your villa which is good because there is no beach to speak of and my one big gripe is they have built an ugly pontoon to extend out past the reef. It just does not fit with the surroundings and also acts as a dam that collects all the ocean debris and traps it against the shore.
Food was good but slightly inconsistent but i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that is something that will improve as they go on. Breakfast was great, dinner at Zest extremely good and the one let down was room service in our villa. It's mainly the same menu as Zest and i'm assuming comes from the same kitchen but the level of cooking wasn't even close to dinner in the restaurant the night before, hence the slightly inconsistent comment.
In summary, it's the first time i've stayed in a Conrad and based on this experience I would definitely go back to this resort and maybe look at Conrad in the future. The challenge I think is going to be when prices go up and start to get into the Four Seasons and Banyan Tree territory. However, at the current price levels this resort is a real winner and we would definitely go back, take advantage of it while you can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 80 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui