“Bad service” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I received my meal 3 times and they still couldn't get it right! First time it was the wrong meal, second time they brought out the same meal but minus mushrooms. Third time they brought out my meal but I asked for rice instead of pasta and they got it wrong. This took all about 1 hour and my son was starving. Everyone had eaten except me and him. They were not helpful at all. I would not go back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

As most reviewers said (we should have looked before), food is so so, but service is totally unacceptable.. waited for 45 mins to get drinks, after an hour we walked away while our starters arrived.. cancelled main and went for another place. Most other tables had same problem, lots of people ran away... shame cos the location is not so bad..

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
famagousta
“Use to be better..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Yes use to be much better and one of the most stylish rest in samui... Menu is still about the same if I can remember well. Nothing new for the last 15 years. And service not as good as it was.a bit old the place and the menu. ( Need renovated the whole place). And still little price....

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derby
“Terrible service and over-priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This restaurant looks great from the outside and the bright lights and crowds pulled us in.. dont be fooled. We had to ask to be seated. We asked three times for the menu, waited ten minutes to get our drinks and an hour for our food to arrive. We only ordered satay and a curry. When the food arrived it took a further 10 mins to get any cutlery. The couple of the table next to us waited 20mins for their bill and ended up walking off without paying. To be honest the food was actaully really nice but the service was shocking. Furthermore, for the same food we had been used to paying less than £10 altogether, here is was £23. Avoid.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Terrible... don't be fooled by the outside appearance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I cannot discourage attendance at this place enough. Due to the appeal of Samui Seafood from the outside, my family, friends and I walked in off the street, quite prepared, at the time, to pay slightly higher prices than can be expected in Samui - we expected commensurate service and quality of food, but were very disappointed.

When I entered the restaurant, I had to hunt down a staff member and ask for seating. Once seated, we then waited a good 10 minutes for our drinks to be taken. Once we had drinks (which took a considerable length of time to receive), we then waited approximately half an hour for our food order to be taken - only after one of the member's of our group left her seat to hunt down a waiter.

When the food did arrive, it did taste great and was presented well, but the portions were particularly small in size. My seafood platter was more of an entree than a main meal - I was asking myself 'is this it?'

Then the bill came (after hunting someone down again). The prices on the menu did not include the 10% service charge and 7% VAT, which were on the bill. The prices in the menu were already exorbitant enough, without having to add another 17% (yep, 17%) onto the menu prices.

My family, friends and I come from a tropical, humid part of the world, but even we found the temperature and humidity at the table almost unbearable. There are no ceiling fans, no air-conditioning, and no breeze flowing through the place.

Overall, this place is not worth a look in. The experience of dining at Samui Seafood certainly soured what had started off to be a great night.

• Visited December 2012