In living up to its name Shewe Wana (Life returning to the Forest), the pathway to the Suite Wing where we stayed for 3 nights is filled with beautiful torch ginger and orchid plants and nice water features. Our suite is one of the most spacious rooms we have ever stayed at 112 Sq m, with a separate bedroom, living room (with fridge containing free drinks including mineral water), bathroom and balcony.
Free airport transfer:
Provided, but as our flight arrival was delayed, we had to call the hotel before we were fetched. Not a good start!
Smooth and fast with warm friendly smiles. Front desk staff (Sweet, Rose, Vicky) also served us at the restaurant.
Quiet area, about 15 mins walk to Nawarat Bridge overlooking Ping River. To Tae Pae Gate, it would take more than 30 mins. A ride by Tuk Tuk to Tae Pae Gate and the Night Bazaar would be less than 10 mins @ THB 50 each. Nawarat Bridge area was the location where they released the lanterns at night and also where the Loy Krathong was held. It was a sight to behold!
Room & amenities:
Our suite room is very spacious, comfortable and clean. Room 221 has a small kitchenette, fridge and a huge sofa. As the parquet flooring is very shiny and smooth, the bedroom slippers provided can be a fall hazard as there is no grip.
We had dinner on our first night and had 1 Phad Thai & another Phad Thai Tom Yum and they were both delicious. We paid THB 398.
As a gesture of goodwill due to the airport transfer hitch, we enjoyed complimentary juices.
Eating near the hotel at night:
To the right of the hotel, less than 5 mins walk, there are 7 roadside stalls next to the 7-Eleven. We ate chicken rice @ THB 30 per plate, and the Red Ruby dessert (Tub Tim Grob) @ THB15 per bowl. They were both so delicious and inexpensive.
Central Festival is a newly opened huge shopping complex located along the Chiangmai super highway. From Shewe Wana by Tuk Tuk, it took 15-20 mins and costs THB100. Uniglo, Marks & Spencer, Central, Topman, Zara, Mango, etc and many restaurants are in the complex.
Front desk staff:
Great friendly service from all staff, especially Sweet, Rose and Vicky! Keep it Up!
- Also Known As:
- Shewe Wana Boutique Hotel Chiang Mai
- Shewe Wana Boutique Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small cozy boutique resort provided Thai – Colonial Style that surrounded by tropical greenery and landscaped garden. Situation just 10 minutes walk from Night Bazaar and easy access to the old city. Recreational facilities at the resort include 2 outdoor swimming pools and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Feature Thai cooking class, restaurant, a coffee shop, onsite parking, room service, laundry service, tour and airport transfer and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shewe Wana Boutique Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.