We chose to stay at Rimping Village for 4 nights in early Feb 2009 as a result of reading fabulous reviews in Trip Advisor - these proved to be accurate, except for the one which was less than totally happy. The people here are just great - so friendly and welcoming, you feel like you belong here after just 15 minutes... they had us in stitches of laughter on the short trip from the airport to the hotel, which is located down a quiet lane, hidden from the noisy main roads and with a magnificient large tree in the front (it houses a couple of playful squirrel-like animals) but this magnificient place is just 5-10 minutes walk to the night market, on the eastern side of the river, just a 5 min walk to those fabulouus riverside restaurants. We were a mixed group, a couple with 2 adult children, and an adult friend with her adult daughter, and all our accommodation needs were fully met -and even though some of us did not leave the hotel till late in the evening, we were given full access to a special guest shower, and had full use of the hotel facilities until we left. They arranged a great elephant mahout day trip for those who wanted it, and a visit to the moutains was no trouble at all. Free internet (there were 3 computers in the lounge) was great too for those who rely on facebook and email - printing needs were easily met - these people are excellent and really know the area - cannot recommend the place highly enough. Food is delicious and well priced and the pool is just great. Stay there - you will be happy you came.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rimping Village is located in the city centre, close to the historic attractions the city offers including the famous Night Bazaar and the charming Watgate community by the Ping River. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation that is part and parcel of the Northern tradition. A cool, refreshing swimming pool is placed below a huge banyan tree so that guests can absorb the mood of nature while finding relief from the tropical heat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, AsiaRooms, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Rimping Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rimping Village Chiang Mai
- Rimping Village Hotel Chiang Mai