“Thank you!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for a week during our travels and we couldn't have been anywhere better, very nice hosts, spotless room with excellent facilities and we were also given very good advice on where to go and what to do in the area which made our stay there.

Ben.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Luang Prabang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

we had a great time at green tulip house in chiang mai. we stayed there for a few nights in the dorm with air condition. the staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and so are the bathrooms. they play house music during the day and you can have good local food there as well

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

If I could stay in a hostel like Green Tulip every time I went away I'd be happy. We booked a double room which opened to the large terrace. There are hotels with less facilities! I can not explain how clean it was, the bathrooms were spotless adding to the feeling you were in someone's house. Don't look anywhere else in Chiang Mai. Food is good and they have information about a range of day trips.

• Stayed May 2013
Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week and it was great. The rooms were clean and the staff were very helpful in telling us how to get to places and trips we would enjoy. Would definitely recommend this guest house :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Location is great- in Oldtown - close to the night market, but not "in" it, so it's relatively quiet. I stayed here on 2 occasions - once in a group (the staff even helped celebrate my birthday on the roof), and a few months later when I was travelling by myself. They helped us get rooms within our group (there were 12 of us), which was nice. When I came back by myself, I couldn't afford a solo room but they went above and beyond and let me stay 5 nights in a double and only let other female travelers stay in the room with me. Also, the Western toilets and semi-warm shower water was a Godsend after spending time in Cambodia and rural Thailand.
It is marginally more expensive than other places, but given the cleanliness, staff, location, comfort, and safety; I did not mind one bit.

Room Tip: Third floor is quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Naarden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very friendly staff! They wanna help you with everything and serve the best food (and red wine!).
Traveled for 3 months in Asia and I must say, this was the best place to stay. Very clean room, nice music and you feel so welcome.
Did a biking tour and carving and cooking class, both were very nice!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at GTH for about 8 days. The value is really great. They keep the room very clean, there was a nice functioning AC, and it is not right in the middle of all the bar scene drama. They run a tight ship and are more than willing to help you plan your day or plan your stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Green Tulip House? Share your experiences!