I stayed here for 3 nights and whilst it's not super close to the old city and night market area, it is a lovely cosy local hotel with generously sized rooms, big balconies with gorgeous daybeds and lovely helpful staff. Housekeeping left little Thai snacks by the bed every night which was thoughtful. A tuk tuk ride of around 10-15min will take you to the main city sights.
I think room choice is key here. My room was on the ground floor facing the pool. It is convenient as you don't have to wait for the lift, my room was to the right of the main entrance. But my balcony overlooked the pool and faced the walkway leading to the fitness centre and spa so it wasn't very private. Ask for a room on a higher floor and towards the river for a better view and more privacy.
The only negative for me, which is why the hotel doesn't get 5 stars, is its weak wifi signal. It was stronger at certain times of the day but overall pretty poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the banks of the Mae Ping River, Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort Chiang Mai captures the essence of the destination's Lanna ancestry that subtly appears in its architecture and interior decor. Ratilanna Riverside Spa Chiang Mai is only minutes from the airport and the city's popular night bazaar offering the ultimate indulgence of a five-star urban sanctuary ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ratilanna Riverside Spa Resort Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ratilanna Riverside Chiang Mai
- Ratilanna Riverside Hotel Chiang Mai
- Sofitel Chiang Mai