“Super friendly and helpful staff make this a great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parasol Inn Hotel

You added Parasol Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Parasol Inn Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   105 / 1 Prapokklao Rd | Klangwiang Intersection, Phrasing, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand   |
Ranked #112 of 537 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Sydney
“Super friendly and helpful staff make this a great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

There was mix up with my booking. Staff went out of their way to help securing me a room in a nearby hotel for one night even paying the extra cost. I was escorted to other hotel and in the morning staff came to carry my luggage back to Parasol once my room was ready. Staff also helped with booking bus to Sukhothai and organised for same day service for my laundry. 10 out of 10 for excellent customer service would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2012
parasolinn, Manager at Parasol Inn Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Our Precious Guest,
We would like to say thank you very very much for your comments and we really do appreciate that you have had a good time while your staying with us. We look to be in your service in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed in this hotel only for one night. The reception looks nice, clean and cozy, however, the receptionist will require to copy your credit card even if you pay for the room ahead. The reason is that they want to be sure that you do not steal from the minibar without paying. Actually, before leaving the hotel the next morning, the staff checked the room whether everything was present... We did not like this approach and felt as if we were not trustworthy enough. This has happend neither in the other hotel in Chiang Mai nor in other places in Thailand.

We booked a taxi from the reception, we were told that the rate is 150 BHT. The other morning, the other receptionist told us that we did not confirm the taxi in the evening (we were not told to) and therefore, it was cancelled. The "morning rate" for the taxi was 200 BHT.

The room itself is ok, the bathroom was clean. There is no lift. As the hotel is located on a busy street, it tends to be noisy at night. The location itself is great, next to Thapae gate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
parasolinn, Owner at Parasol Inn Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear our valued customer,
First of all we like to apologize for the misunderstanding about our hotel credit card policy. Our staff may express it in a wrong phrase. By asking for your credit card means that you are committing yourself to pay for the charges that may occur during your stay with us. When our hotel takes your credit card information, it's not immediately charging you. For transportation you must have not read in our room and website on price offer which we have made clear on timing and customer need to book and make payment for confirmation.
Once again on my behalf i am sorry for the inconvenience that my staff may have caused during your stay. We hope to be the best service for you in future.
Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is my second review of this hotel and it is still excellent. Stayed for 10 days and we were made to feel as if we were at home. Rooms are good and clean location of hotel could not be better close to restaurants and on the door step for the Sunday walking market.Staff are excellent and very friendly.Breakfast could be better buffet style would be a good idea.Will be staying again next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
parasolinn, Owner at Parasol Inn Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Our Precious Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Love to hear that it is your second visit at our hotel. I will be passing on your feedback to my team. I was delighted that you liked your overall experience our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back personally on your next visit.

Coffs Harbour, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a small hotel near the centre of Chiang Mai. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The room was a good size and clean, however housekeeping tended to forget to restock the coffee and toilet paper, and towels one one occasion, which were later delivered without having to request them. The bed is also extremely firm. The hotel is next to a temple and is within walking distance of many more. Sunday night markets are right outside the door. My partner enjoyed several massages within the hotel, prices are good. There is an attached restaurant with good food, but does not seem to be open for dinner. This is not an issue as there are quite a few places to eat within a few minutes walk. Free internet which is great

Dear Our Precious Guest,
I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am very pleased to read your review concerning our housekeeping service about tissue, coffee and towel. I have already ask my general manager to investigate our housekeeping department of this issue. Now corrective action has been taken by using house keeping check list. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Changsha, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked the hotel through their website and got 10% discount. I stayed three nights there and really didn't want to leave.
The hotel was so beautiful, you could have a temple view from the window of your room and the Sunday walking street is right in front of the hotel. Their staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
You can choose american, continental or asian breakfast as you like which were all quite delicious serving with their charming smile.
By the way, you might want to join a trip as they were trying to talk you into it, for example, the Inthanon Mountain trip. (It's worth it because the mountain is quite far and the tour was just 1000THB discounted from 1200THB.) It could spare yourself the guilt of saying no to those smiling faces.

Room Tip: Not the rooms by the sunday walking street coz they might be loud at nights. Choose the ones where y...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
parasolinn, Manager at Parasol Inn Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing Nimman Mai? Design Hotel on your visit this october. I will be passing on your feedback to my team. I was delighted that you liked your overall experience our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back personally on your next visit.

Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our stay was for two days while we looked around Chaing Mai. Airport Taxi's knew the hotels location and cost of 120B (£2.30) for the taxi ride. Arrived at midday and room was just ready. Check in was quick and easy and reception staff pleased to see us and offered us a drink while copying passports etc. Room was on the 4th floor and was really nice, clean and in a traditional Thai design as per there web site shows. Tea light burner was on when we opened the door and the room was clean and fresh. Fridge had products and also white wine, though there was no pricing for the wine. A/C was good. Bathroom was clean and fresh. Electric shower was OK. Towels clean and fresh. Would totally recommend this small hotel. They offer massage in the reception area and even have those foot eating fish. Next door and as part of the Parasol is the small bar/cafe offering breakfast and food during the day.
Free Wifi throughout the hotel, though Expedia web site says there is a charge. No extra charges were added either. The hotel has no lift which was no problem for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be passing on your feedback to my team. I was delighted that you liked your overall experience our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back personally on your next visit.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I love this place. It was the first time i stayed in a guesthouse rather than a hotel and i fell in love with this place. You can't expect the facilities of a hotel but you can expect a more warm service and intimate atmosphere than in a hotel. The room is big and clean, the breakfast is lovely and the price is good. The location is fantastic, right in the centre of old chiang mai, you can watch the sunday night market from your windows, a very cool thing. It has every reason to be the best value hotel in chiang mai.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
parasolinn, Manager at Parasol Inn Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we provided everything that you needed. I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, clean rooms and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kind Regards,

Been to Parasol Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!