“Excellent value & service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 335 Activities in Chiang Mai
5.0 of 5 stars 23 Reviews
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Thai Cooking Class: Chiang Mai, Thailand. Location: 10 minute drive from the city hotel; 800 meters from Chiang Mai Railway Station and 15 minute drive from Chiang Mai International Airport. Set in 1.6 acres of tranquil, landscaped grounds in a private house. An ideal setting for a home kitchen. Features: The kitchen's unique design draws from professional experience and is purpose built, and surrounded with herb and spice gardens.
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent value & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a very genuine cooking class (small sized class) by a very experienced chef. Air is also a very genuine, interesting fellow. I'd love to go back and learn more !

Visited September 2011

Invercargill, New Zealand
“Wonderful food, fun and experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

If you're looking for a personalised service with friendly helpful experts who are willing to share not only thier excellent cooking knowledge but thier culture, then Air's Thai Culinary Kitchen is definately for you. My husband and I spent an absolute fun day hanging out with Air, learning to cook our favourite Thai dishes and also learning so much about Thailand, the real culture. But most surprising is we feel like we have made a great friend in Air. We can't wait to go back and visit him again. We definately recommend you include this class in your travel plans while in Chang Mai, just remember to take a really big appitite! The food is amazing! P.S. I've even managed to cook the dishes at home. Yay! A wee bit of Thailand to take home with you. Enjoy!

Visited November 2011
Townsville
“An Amazing Culinary Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

What an awesome day!

We were pleasantly surprised when Air picked us up in person in his very own taxi! We then received a very very thorough tour of one of the local "less touristy" markets which was a great experience.

Back at Airs inviting and relaxing establishment we were given a tour of the garden before sitting down to have a chat with Air. Air is a great bloke and over a couple of beers we not only discussed the lesson ahead, but some of the finer points of life. I quickly filled pages in the provided cook book before even stepping into the kitchen!!!

The cooking instruction and demonstration from Air and his assistant was of the highest quality, the food was brilliant (it was very hard to save room for dinner!) and I would say that I've come very close to replicating the Pad Thai since I've been back in Australia (wearing my Air's Kitchen apron). Air always had his camera on hand and the photos were quick to make it to Facebook!

I would definitely be unable to set foot in Chiang Mai again without ensuring that I had secured a booking with Air first! My wife and I had a great day, we learnt a lot, loved Air and would highly recommended his class to anyone!

Visited June 2011
“One of the best things we did whilst in Chaing Mai!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011 via mobile

Fantastic day. Highly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn Real Thai cooking from real Thai ppl

New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“great facilities and friendly staff, well worth the experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

excellent facilities for teaching individuals or groups.
well organised and stocked.
lovely environment and setting
great insight into the preparing and cooking of Thai food, if you are experienced cook when booking ask for a more detailed menu :-)

Visited August 2010