“Chilled out bliss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Romyen Garden Resort

You added Romyen Garden Resort to your Saves list
Romyen Garden Resort
40/1-5 Chiangrai - Chiangmai Highway | Baan Taladkwuan, Tambon Taladkwuan, Chiang Mai 50220, Thailand   |
Ranked #35 of 333 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Hobart, Australia
“Chilled out bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

Date April 10th. I have just enjoyed four days R and R at the Romyen Garden resort in northern Thailand. I was in town to photograph the annual Songkran festival and I have never experienced such inclusive, personalized service before. It all started from the free pickup at the railway station. When I piled into the air conditioned ute with the owners young sister and aunt I was made to feel part of their large , extended family. I had a sleepless overnight train trip from Bangkok so after giving Auntie some instruction on their inhouse computers ( free internet access of course) and meeting Tim the female owner and niece of Auntie I had a lengthy nap in my air conditioned , private bungalow. I woke up feeling refreshed and ravenous so I wandered over to the outdoor sala and was informed that Auntie had personally made me a whole deep fried fish with chili jam paste . It was absolutely wonderful . I spent the rest of the night just chatting with Tim and listening to her marvellous chillout radio station . Apart from shooting the Songkran activities and attending a cooking class in town , I spent most of my time sitting in the sala drinking the sweet local version of Fanta and listening to my favourite tunes being waited on hand and foot. If you value your privacy the bungalows all come with fully equipped kitchens so you can keep to yourself if you wish. I did enjoy my table tennis battles with younger sister Lek but the highlight would have to be the outdoor massage on my private balcony. Being unusually quiet for this time of the year , Tim was quite happy to drive me around until I got my bearings and hired my own car.There are plenty of picturesque mountain drives to take and no shortage of ancient Buddhist temples to wander through in this part of Chiang Mai. I couldnt recommend a more welcoming and relaxing resort to stay in if you plan to visit northern Thailand.

• Liked — the staff, the exquisite thai cuisine, the outdoor sala and its chillout tunes, the little extras !
  • Disliked — nothing comes to mind-they couldnt have done more for me and i will return again and again
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, BC Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2006

A friend of mine stayed at this place in April, she kept telling me that when I go visit Thailand, I have to go to Chiangmai and particularily stay at Romyen Garden Resort and enjoy their northern hospitality.

It's a very small resort with alot of growth potential. The staff are very friendly and helpful in guiding me through the customs there. They arranged everything for me, from a ride to and from the airport, to a group tour. My only regret is that I wish I had waited until November when they are having their Royal Flora, I bet things are going to be great in Chiangmai then, and this resort is so close to where it's all going to be happening.

So, I highly recomment those who are going to Chiangmai, to spend their nights at this resort you won't regret it.

• Liked — Secluded Bungalow, very roomy, quiet and private.
  • Disliked — a short walk to the main road to catch a bus.
  • Tips/Secrets — look around before settling on the first place you see. Not all resorts are expensive.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Romyen Garden Resort? Share your experiences!