We stayed five nights here while exploring Chiang Mai. The hotel is about 10 min west of the 'Old City' and near the Chiang Mai university. This is a bonus at night when food vendors set up on the main Suthep Road and have fantastic local and cheap eats. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was a good spread served on the tables at the front of the hotel. We had one dinner at the restaurant which was good without being spectacular. There is a shuttle that runs into the city twice a day (mid morning and evening) and will drop you at the main tourist areas. You can negotiate with the driver if you want to be dropped elsewhere. Alternatively you can walk the 300m to Suthep and jump into a songtaw for 20-30b into the city. Tuk Tuks cost us 100-200b for three people to return to the hotel depending on the driver and time of the day. There are convenience stores (with ATM) and local laundries in the small streets surrounding the hotel. A pool bar operates in the afternoon at the swimming pool which was refreshing after a day of shopping and exploring.
We stayed in a second-floor room which was spacious with a huge bathroom and shower. At the back of the shower was an alcove which was great for drying clothes.
The hotel is set in a 'water' setting so make sure you have mozzie repellant and use the nets over the beds.
Great hotel and would certainly stay there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience your six senses in the land of Ayatana. Ayatana Hamlet and Spa, Chiang Mai, is a small, friendly and comfortable hotel designed and decorated in the northern Lanna style. AS you walk in from the city to this little hideaway, a welcome smile awaits you and willing hands attend to your every need throughout your stay. Whether relaxing by the pool, enjoying a good meal or simply spending quiet time in your artistically designed room, you are guaranteed a great stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Ayatana Hamlet & Spa, Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayatana Hamlet And Spa, Chiang Mai
- Ayatana Hamlet & Spa, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Ayatana Hamlet Hotel Chiang Mai