“Excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Julie Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Julie Guest House
You added Julie Guest House to your Saves list
6 Rachamanhka 9, T Phra Singh, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50200 | Phrapokklao, Muang, Chiang Mai 50200 , Thailand   |
Ranked #201 of 503 Chiang Mai B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

I stayed here at the end of January 2007. I got a room for 130 baht a night. It was clean, reasonably sized, double bed, cupboard for clothes, and an en suite bathroom which had cold water. This was not really a problem as I was allowed to use the shared bathroom for the dorm rooms which did have hot water. If you'd like a room with hot water, then I suggest you book ahead. I tried to but the deluxe rooms were already booked out.

The guesthouse is in a good location, about a 10 minute walk away from all the bars and nightlife, so it is quite quiet. The staff are very helpful and I signed up for one of their adventure tours. Elephant trekking, white water rafting, bamboo rafting, a trek through jungle to a waterfall, and also a visit to an orchid farm - all for 1100 baht. Be careful with the white water rafting, our raft capsized and I smashed my head and knee against rocks. Luckily for my head I was wearing a helmet. Also, the temperature is not too hot this time of year, so it can be quite cool on the river - bring a sweater or a change of water. Our raft was waterlogged and sank.

The guesthouse also helped me book my train ticket back to Bangkok for a 70 baht booking fee.

All in all, very good value for money, considering the cleanliness of the rooms, and the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff.

Stayed January 2007

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

Found Julie Guesthouse while looking online for accommodation in Chaing Mai. The staff are friendly and very helpful. We had great communications while making our booking. The rooms are basic, clean and comfortable. It has a wonderful, relaxed atmosphere. I would recommend it and most certainly would stay there again.

• Liked — Relaxed atmosphere
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2006

We found out about Julie by word of mouth - literally everyone who stayed in Chaing Mai recommended it to us. This place was dirt cheap for fantastic rooms with fans and comfortable beds and nice private bathroom and clean. The staff will take you anywhere and are knowledgable about their trips and incredibly helpful and friendly. Sam Song is the favourite tipple and they are always happy to share with you. They work on honesty and rely on you to write down all yoour food and drink details.
There is a fantastic roof top chill out area with hammocks and a great view and two further chill out areas downstairs.
Stongly recommend if you are in Chaing Mai!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Phone in advance, they get booked up early.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Julie Guest House? Share your experiences!