“Would stay here again in a heartbeat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel

You added Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   104/1 Charoen Mueang Soi 2, Charoen Mueang Rd | Wat Gate, Chiang Mai 50000, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Invitation Package
Ranked #12 of 333 Hotels in Chiang Mai
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Would stay here again in a heartbeat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here on my own (after reading about it in the Mr & Mrs Smith SE Asia book) for 10 days in one of the Deluxe rooms that have one of those amazing bathrooms that are about the same size as your bedroom. It was a decadent feeling, sitting on the lounge after a shower to relax for a bit using the bathroom products. I was in Room 102 on the ground floor right in front of the pool but with the double glass doors and block out curtains I was never disturbed by any noise or light. The bed was amazingly comfortable and I slept like a baby each night, in fact I think its ruined me for my own bed as I still dream about the bed back there and how good my sleep was!

Being a small boutique hotel, the staff soon knew all your preferences and would direct me without me having said a word to my hotel room when they could see me wandering around a little lost! The service here is wonderful, I saw one of the ladies RUN across the courtyard at the sight of a hotel guest carrying her suitcase in order to take it from her instead to checkout for the day.

Breakfast was my favourite treat as they soon knew what I liked to have each morning and Khun Payon and his team were wonderful, no request was too much of a bother.

After breakfast, I could lay by the pool on one of the deckchairs and towels supplied and get some sun to relax or if you wanted to venture out then there is always plenty to do.

If you wanted to have a quiet night in, there is room service and you can even borrow DVDs from Reception. It was always nice to come back from an evening out to a turned down bed, balcony light left on for you to see your way and a flower on your bed. For New Year Eve, they even gave me a paper lantern gift.

Its the little personalised touches that made me love this hotel. I'm also quite fussy in terms of cleanliness and had no complaints at all as the room and particularly the bathroom was always spotless. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or come back to Puriunn Hotel due to the people and they way they look after you. It felt like a comforting haven.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stayed in this great little hotel after a disappointing 3hr stint in another supposed 5 star spa resort in the mountains of Chaing Mai. We arrived in terrible mood and were totally blown away by the service and setting. Don't let the drive in fool you this place is a little oasis, with a great pool, staff and location. The rooms are a little small and the beds a little hard but all in all we wod stay here again without hesitation. The owner comes and says hello during brakfast and the due to its smaller size you can get to know some of the other guests. Really relaxing stay, highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2012
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Jose and I (Stephen) were generally pleasantly surprised, though it took us some getting used to after the oppulence of the Tower Club at The Le Bua State Tower in Babkok. The only drawbacks we've experienced are the 3 floor room without an elevator, the too small bathroom with the shower in the tub (impossible for most senior citizens) and modest swimming pool. Otherwise we have delighted by the cheery staff, good food and good feel of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights at the end of January and we had a fantastic time. The staff are all friendly, the rooms have a very good balcony for sitting out, the food is good and the area quiet.

The walk to the town is not very long but we got a tut tut back from the old town once and it cost 85 Baht.

We ate in the restaurant twice during our stay and both times the meal and service was excellent. The price was the same as we paid elsewhere in Chiang Mai.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We have come back to Puripunn since the first year they opened. That should be sufficient prove of our enthousiasme for this loveley, romantic place. Staff is most friendly and no trouble is too much to help you make your stay unforgettable. Food is delicious and breakfast abunded.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Runcorn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

This is one of the best Hotels that we have visited. We were collected at the airport and on arrival the Reception Staff could not have been more helpful.
During our stay EVERYBODY from Owner to Reception to Restaurant to Concierge made every effort to make our visit a great sucess.
Well done PURIPUNN we hope to get back one day

Room Tip: From what I coul see all the rooms were good
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

It takes a special kind of five star hotel to do justice to the warmth and spirit of Chiang Mai and the Puripunn is it. There are other five star hotels in Chiang Mai, mostly chains, but their lack of personality and notions of exclusivity feel ill ar ease with the nature of the city itself.

The Puripunn ticked all the five star boxes for me that matter. It is beautifully put together around a central courtyard that looks stunning, day or night. The rooms are spacious with every comfort you could think of. The service is very personal, they will remember everything from your cat's name to the way you like you tea.The balance between privacy and friendliness was perfectly struck at all times.

The Hotel is located near the river about ten minutes walk from the night market. It's in a residential area which makes for a perfect oasis, as a single female traveller who doesnt normally travel alone I felt very safe walking about here. There is a fantastic row of restaurants and upmarket art and interiors shops just a stroll from the hotel.

The owner told me that he wanted the hotel to feel like a home from home, and he really has pulled it off. I felt like I could do anything here and no one would bat an eyelid. I felt very un self conscious as a single traveller - every one is welcome here.

I had a signature room on the ground floor, yards from the pool. The way they have planted the gardens however, meant that my patio felt private at all times. You can be as sociable or unsociable as you want to be. I particularly liked for example the fact that there was plenty of room in the mini bar fridge to add what I wanted. There is a great supermarket a few streets away where I could stock up on my favourite wine cheaper than hotel rates - again, no one seemed to mind or object. In fact they brought me an apple to go with the cheese I bought!

This really is a special place - everything you want from a five star hotel without any of the pretension or snootiness. Thank you to everyone who looked after me there.

If you want to come to Chaing Mai, then trust me you want to come to the Puripunn.........

Room Tip: Room 104 on the ground floor was perfect...........
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Puripunn Baby Grand Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!