I just had to add my recommendation for the D2 hotel to this forum. It was absolutely faultless. Yes, it's modern but I don't believe that this detracts from the Thai experience. Certainly it's not old/traditional Thai but I think it perfectly reflects the young and modern Thai. Just as the Raffles in Singapore and the Peninsular in Hong Kong etc are old/traditional hotels but the newer hotels such as Raffles Plaza or Westin are modern Singapore, I think the D2 is very Thai but up to date with the new generation. It certainly doesn't detract from the "Thai Experience" but rather adds a new dimension.
The staff are everything you'd expect of Thailand - warm, friendly and hospitable. The D2 also displays wonderful touches of the Thai's excellent sense of humour - welcome drinks were served in round bottom glasses which swivelled around on the tray (assisted by the smiling waiter). The lamp shades in the foyer are tilted at a precarious angle and the bar is decorated with huge acrylic "ice cubes". Attention to detail is evident in every corner, nook and cranny. The hotel is comfortable and welcoming while at the same time being elegant and spotlessly clean.
There is a terrific reading room with tea and coffee and board games. The pool, while small is lovely and there is even an attendant who sets up the deck chair when you arrive ... one wouldn't want madam to have to lay out her own towel would one? They even offer a complimentary 5 minute shoulder massage beside the pool along with herbal tea.
Location is perfect - 50 metres from the night market/'bazaar but the hotel is relaxing and peaceful.
The whole aura of the D2 is minimalist luxury and although I'm usually a "traditional girl" I loved every minute of my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- guests are welcomed by a warm chic interior that represents the refreshing urbane face of contemporary thai design, the deluxe, club deluxe, studio suite and D'suite accommodations are decorated to provide sanctuaries of comfort, privacy and delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Dusit D2 Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit d2 Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Dusit d2 Hotel Chiang Mai
- Dusit Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Dusit d2
- d2 Hotel Chiang Mai
- d2 Chiang Mai