In January 2008 I stayed here for about 4 nights with my wife, mum & dad. We had no problems at all. The hotel is situated right in the middle of Chang Klan road where the famous Chang Mai Night Bazzar is. Despite being right in the middle it wasn’t too noisy. The hotel was very easy to find (I kind of new where it was anyway) and an easy check-in led us to our rooms.
The rooms where large with big windows and a nice view of the city and had a good size bathroom with shower, a safe and tea/coffee facilitys. The hotel felt safe and comfortable. The lifts were very slow though and as it’s a big hotle with lots of rooms, in the peek season (when we were there) we had to wait quite along time to get the lift so most times gave up and just walked the stairs!
The entrance lobby was really nice and also very lively. There were obviously a lot of tour groups staying in the hotel and always a lot of people walking in and out and the door men were opening the doors and smiling. My wife and I were sat in the lobby one morning and there was a big tour group of teenage kids with their adult leader that had just checked out and he was talking to them about the importance of sun cream. (very true) They must have been American or Canadian I think. It made us laugh because he was saying to them “if you go out into the sun today, and you don’t where your sun block, YOU WILL BURN!” He kept saying it to the kids as they really weren’t interested. He also tried to explain that you are NOT aloud to help yourself to the mini bar in the room after you have checked out already! Lol (they must of check out the night before)
We rented a car from the rental desk in the main lobby so we could drive to Mae Teang/Doi Inthanon and the surrounding areas. There were no problems here and we were taken to the car in the hotels car park at the back. The car was nice and served us well for a few days. On the last day before we took the car back we had to fill it up with petrol, just as we received it. My wife and I stopped at a nearby garage to fill up and after paying for the petrol and driving back to the hotel I realised that the tank was not full and not even half full! It then accrued to me that the petrol had cost next to nothing, so the girl from the rental desk come back to the petrol station with us to see what was going on. It turned out that they had run out of petrol and just didn’t tell us! (This Is Thailand) After we all laughed and returned the car without a hitch.
Another plus point was the breakfast buffet. The full selection as you would expect from a good hotel and they can make you an omelette or eggs cooked to your liking.
The only bad point I can really think of is that our room had an adjoining door to the next room and the people next door were smoking so our room smelt of fresh smoke! (it’s not good for someone who just gave up the filthy habit!!) I did complain to reception after asking if the rooms were non-smoking, but I really don’t know if they done anything or not. – A minor bad point really.
Overall a good experience and good service, we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoys an enviable location right in the heart of this charming city and just steps from the famous Chiang Mai Night Bazaar, a landmark for any visitor.This impressive high rise hotel offers comfortable accommodation and a host of facilities and services for the Chiang Mai bound visitor,24 Floors with 512 comfortable appointed rooms featuring Superior, Deluxe, Business Plus , Dynasty and Suites accommodations. The hotel’s extensive all day dining venue plays host to sumptuous buffets, themed evening and a extensive a la carte option bringing together the best of Italian , Japanese, International, Thai and Asian Cuisine.Perched atop of the hotel is the Sunflower Chinese Restaurant affording spectacular views of Chiang Mai and some of the best Chinese Cuisine this city has to offer.Italian, Poolside Bar and light meals, Lobby Lounge and bar with evening entertainment and 24 hour in –room dining also feature.Impressive leisure facilities feature a state-of the art gym and Fitness Centre , spacious pool and sun terrace, sauna, massage and Spa Cenvaree.Meet and Unite : This facilities offers a Grand Ballroom for up to 800 guests , 14 break out rooms, Service Centre and out door pavilion for activities, team building, theme parties and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Duangtawan Hotel Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Duangtawan Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Centara Duangtawan