about 20km from Chaingmai town is possibly one of the region’s most outstanding resorts, offering offers day visitors (like us) a choice of restaurants, a glorious coffee shop (with real coffee), and a selection of shops offering quality merchandise at often very, very reasonable prices.
As soon as we set foot on Dhara Dhevi soil, we were greeting by a polite, informative and extremely helpful hotel representative who not only welcomed us like we were royalty (despite our flip-flops, trekking attire and day-packs) but gave us the most enticing and precise 90 second pitch I’d ever heard.
We commenced our day at Dhara Dhevi by taking in the majestic sights of the historical pavilions and manicured grounds.
The variety of merchandise in the 6-8 shops is enough to keep you entertained for hours – and it’s hard to walk away with a heavy wallet.
We lunched at the Chinese restaurant “Fujian” specialising is dumpling and handmade noodles. Both were excellent. The Espresso Vodka cocktail is a must.
We then took afternoon tea and cake (and macaroons) at the cake shop. Despite being already ful from all the dumplings we’d eaten, the éclairs, cakes and macaroons were all perfect and offered some less than usual flavours like black truffle and chocolate and green tea and wasabi.
Definitely worth a visit…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai is set on 60 acres of verdant tranquil grounds in the historical heartland of Northern Thailand. The hotel's unique design draws from the region's rich architectural and cultural heritage that flourished during the Lanna period, which lasted from the mid-13th century until the mid-16th century, and enjoyed a further resurgence in the last 200 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mandarin Oriental