So my husband is an extreme traveler. Right now he's in Bangkok for a couple of days before going on to Laos. I'll be meeting him in Singapore next week. We had the extreme pleasure and good fortune to be able to stay at the Mandarin Dhara Dhevi a few years ago. It was one of the most beautiful and serene places I've ever been. Because there are so many wonderful places on the planet to go and see, I don't usually ever want to go back to the same place, for the most part, its hard to re-create the magic of being there the first time. However, since we'll be in Asia for the next month or so, we decided to go back to the Mandarin. We asked for the same Deluxe Villa we had the last time. It was unimaginable. Its a two story villa, with the bedroom upstairs, a beautiful luxurious bath, with a large jetted tub complete with a lighting system that is so beautiful! There are 2 showers, one inside and one out. There are his and hers vanities and his and her closets. The bedroom is magnificent. The bed is encased with a canopy and the staff comes around and closes your mosquito nets around the bed each evening. They also leave little treats on your pillow, sometimes chocolate or some other little thing. The leave notes on your pillow with lovely sayings. It is just like heaven on earth. The pool area is pristine and just gorgeous!!! And the spa!!!! Have never been to a spa quite like this one! Outside, the upstairs there is a walkway leading to an outdoor gazebo overlooking the rice paddy fields, where the farmers are actually farming the rice everyday. While my husband participated in the rice farming, I took a Thai culinary class. Both were wonderful! I cannot ever think of a more relaxing and enjoyable time. The restaurants are superb, and on our last evening there, my husband arranged for them to come to our Gazebo, put candles all over the place and they served us privately for our dinner, it was beautiful, very special and I will never forget it. I think I did cry when it was time for us to leave. I can't wait to get back there!!! You will be picked up in the Mercedes Limo at the airport., and returned to the airport in the same fashion. Another note worthy item....all of the toiletries are superb. I don't know what they are, but they smell heavenly!! The shampoo and soap were in heavy apothecary deep red bottles and jars. Delightful! The staff at this hotel are unbelievable, they do EVERYTHING for you. The villas are situated over an expansive area, so they come for you in a golf cart if you don't care to walk. I would give this property 10 stars if I could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhara Dhevi is set on 60 acres of verdant tranquil grounds in the historical heartland of Northern Thailand. The hotel's unique design draws from the region's rich architectural and cultural heritage that flourished during the Lanna period, which lasted from the mid-13th century until the mid-16th century, and enjoyed a further resurgence in the last 200 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Otel, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mandarin Oriental