We stayed from 1/31/13-2/3/13 as part of our 2 week Thailand vacation. We stayed in a Deluxe Villa on the rice paddies. The room was better than the photos and our deck and gazebo were larger than expected. We enjoyed drinks there in the evenings. The spa tub was large enough for the 2 of us and my husband is 6'3". I enjoyed using the outdoor shower.
We had room service and the staff was quick and efficient, making our cocktails in our living room. The food was hot and tasty. We had breakfast included and the buffet had lots of wonderful choices every day.
We had a 3:20 hour spa treatment and the spa and the staff were fantastic. The entire property was large and beautiful. You could get bikes from the fitness area or you could call and get golf cart services around the property.
We had no issue with mosquitos when we were there and there was even a rain storm.
We used their shuttle to the Night Market and that was very convienant. We also used their limo service and went into the city for the Flower Festival. Every employee was friendly and attentive.
Our favorite part of our stay was our cooking class with Chef Aum. It was just the two us with the chef and her sous chef. Our class started with a trip to the local market. The chef showed us around and explained the food products available and what we would be using in class. We tried the local sausage, sweet and savory small, round pancakes and iced Thai coffee. I must say I am addicted to Thai coffee now. The class was fun and they made it so easy for us. Everything was terrific and we loved eating the results. I can't wait to try the recipes here at home.
We have stayed at 3 Mandarin Oriental's and they never disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai is set on 60 acres of verdant tranquil grounds in the historical heartland of Northern Thailand. The hotel's unique design draws from the region's rich architectural and cultural heritage that flourished during the Lanna period, which lasted from the mid-13th century until the mid-16th century, and enjoyed a further resurgence in the last 200 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai
- Mandarin Chiang Mai
- Chiang Mai Mandarin Oriental